Marie Stopes International (MSI) is the leading international family planning/Reproductive Health Organizations in the world. We are results oriented social enterprise that develops efficient, effective and sustainable family planning/reproductive health programmes around the world.
Marie Stopes International organization, Nigeria (MSION), a partner of the MSI, is currently undertaking a dramatic scale-up of health service delivery for low income women and couples in Nigeria under the AHME project. This includes expanding health services offered within the BlueStar network, clinics and rural Outreach programs. MSION aims to reduce maternal, newborn and child health morbidity and mortality through provision of high quality BEMONC, ANC/PNC and IMCI services. The AHME project supports this objective and intends to strengthen existing health systems within the private health sector through the Vision, Mission and Goals of MSION.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Reporting to: Assistant Director/ Director, Operations
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
About this Role
- This role reports to Assistant Director Operations and provides strategic coordination to MSION on all matters relating to leadership and management of Outreach in the delivery of MSION’s strategic goals. S/he coordinates oversight of the successful delivery of work setting and meeting ambitious CYP targets, delivering and reporting against all contract commitments.
- The post is part of the Programmes Operations Team which aims to deliver programmes of high impact across the majority of Nigeria’s states using four integrated channels of intervention: Social Franchise, and Outreach. Within this team the Outreach Coordinator uses his or her excellent understanding of the project model to realize a successful programme of outreach work, complementary to interventions in other channels and reaching high numbers of couples.
- The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development in the excellent delivery of work against these responsibilities.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Results orientation
- Commitment to personal development.
Key Duties in Relation to the Responsibilities
- Strategic coordination of the Outreach channel for targeted growth and impact through increased CYPs
- Continuous analysis of the situation in which outreach performs and the programme model needed.
- Identification of opportunities and threats for outreach intervention given Nigeria’s context for FP and PAC
- Analysis of MSION’s strengths and weaknesses in responding to developing context and needs
- Active networking to identify allies and partners for increased impact and innovative ways of working
- Regular presentation to SMT on developing thinking and plans based on analysis of results data and team management
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources according to the workplans and resource needs of all MSION’s outreach teams.
- Support HOPs in monitoring progress of field activities and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion of set objectives
Programme Operations, Implementation and Management:
- Work closely with outreach team members, take a strategic, forward-looking role in establishing MSION’s outreach future direction, with particular focus on driving MSION’s outreach channel towards efficiency, productivity and cost effectiveness while ensuring the organization plays a leading role in improving health demographics in the Nigeria
- Draft and implement outreach operations workplans in consultation and co-ordination regional managers and team leaders.
- Ensure all outreach activities are implemented on time, within budget and to quality
Procurement and Logistics:
- In coordination with Procurement & Logistics team
- Coordinate support of field logistics to outreach teams ensuring that systems including ordering, transportation, delivery, storage, and control and reporting on the use of program, projects and team supplies are in accordance with MSION policies.
- Implement an effective system for the supply of commodities to match client demands, leading in launching of new outreach teams
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Collate monthly, quarterly and annual outreach reports flowing from each regional/state reports
- Produce outreach monthly factsheet and quarterly MSION Newsletter;
- Manage and report periodically on the field implementation of MSION outreach annual work-plan among others.
- Work with the HOPs to ensure outreach data management alignment with field strategy, agreement on annual targets and inclusion of data collection and analysis activities in the work plan
- Work with TLs to ensure at least one human interest story or success story are produced monthly. This must be well documented and presented as part of quarterly report
- Produce progress reports for the Line Manager on a regular basis
- As a member of the operations team, demonstrate a strong commitment to MSION mission and goals and encourage a similar commitment from all team members
- Link, train and harmonise different regional outreach teams of the organisation to work efficiently together in order to meet field operations requirements as well as achieve MSION goals
- Ensure that a high level of communication is maintained with other MSION departments, as well as with external partners and MSI
- Encourage a positive culture, work environment and attitude among all team members
- From time to time represent the organisation at meetings, workshops, press conferences, or other forums
- From time to time carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Operations Director
- At-least first Degree in Communication, Public Health or related discipline required.
- At least five years post NYSC experience in INGO
- Experience in USAID / DFiD/BMGF or other donor funded projects an asset
- Experience in project management
- Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
- Report writing
Attitude / Motivation:
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop
- Willingness to travel as requested
- Behaviours Successful performance at MSION is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- There are 13 key behaviours that MSION expects in all employees. Performance is measured against these.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.