Career Opportunity at The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited
Posted on: 10 November, 2016
Deadline: 16 November, 2016
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Nigerian Bottling Company
The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Reference: ATM/11/2016
- The Assistant tax Manager reports to the Tax and Finance Process Manager.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Month end closing tasks planning and follow-up
- Puts Controls in place to detect potential Internal Control, audit and financial accounting issues; timely review of group internal policies changes and internal controls relating to tax; Commits and complies with the Company policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Timely submission of annual tax returns for employee and obtaining annual tax clearance Certificate for the Company.
- Quarterly preparation of CIT and TIP and monthly review of company’s corporate tax (VAT, Withholding tax, PAYE and all local specific Nigerian taxes).
- Preparation of reports and schedules for Tax Audit for State Boards and FIRS. Prompt response to audit queries for a quick resolution.
- Preparation and reconciliation of the Technical Service Fee Schedule to be sent to CCH.
- Provide support to BSO on all tax related BS accounts for the purpose of reconciliation and review.
- Preparation of Remittance Schedules for all taxes and collaborating with Treasury to ensure that payment is done within the stipulated time in the law.
- Provide assistance where necessary for all stakeholders in Tax accounting area especially advising/coaching all stakeholders of impact of their action or inaction on tax.
- Challenge current processes/practices and identify improvements where applicable.
- Provide support service to internal customers to resolve tax issues while maintaining a good contact with the various tax authorities.
- Review current processes of preparing the TIP/CIT with a view to improve on the processing time.
- Create work models in order to save time and ensure accuracy.
- Respects the Customers' policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Ensures healthy and safety conditions for the work of herself/himself and colleagues, incl. full and transparent reporting of labour accidents and near misses.
- Actively supports and participates in company's initiatives in the area of environment protection, resources saving, community projects and charity initiatives.
- Support Transfer Pricing consultants (KPMG) in gathering information and documentation of Annual Transfer Pricing Returns.
- Preparation and periodic update of the company's Tax Exposure Tracking Report and distribution to the Tax and Finance Process Manager, CFO, MD and Group Tax Manager.
Desired Candidate Profile
- B.Sc. Accounting or other Social Science related course
- Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA or ACTI is required
- Minimum of 4 years experience 2-3 years of experience in accounting and finance. Good knowledge of local GAAP & IFRS. Strong working experience in local taxation.
- Planning, organizing & time management skills
- Ability to think logically
- Data analysis/ analytical skills
- Knowledge and interpretation of policies, processes, procedures and systems
- Ability to think logically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including change management
- Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences Technical Knowledge IFRS/IAS relevant knowledge Tax relevant knowledge
Method of Application
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Bottling Company career website on www.nbcltdcareers.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nigerian Bottling CompanySimilar Jobs
- Graphic Design and Social Media Intern at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Facilities Officer at May & Baker Nigeria Plc
- Personal Assistant at JMG Limited
- Finance and Accounting Intern Recruitment at Procter & Gamble
- Latest Recruitment at SABMiller
- Furniture Sales Manager at WowJobs
- Job Vacancies at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Accountant at KUI Care