The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Reference: ATM/11/2016
- The Assistant tax Manager reports to the Tax and Finance Process Manager.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Month end closing tasks planning and follow-up
- Puts Controls in place to detect potential Internal Control, audit and financial accounting issues; timely review of group internal policies changes and internal controls relating to tax; Commits and complies with the Company policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Timely submission of annual tax returns for employee and obtaining annual tax clearance Certificate for the Company.
- Quarterly preparation of CIT and TIP and monthly review of company’s corporate tax (VAT, Withholding tax, PAYE and all local specific Nigerian taxes).
- Preparation of reports and schedules for Tax Audit for State Boards and FIRS. Prompt response to audit queries for a quick resolution.
- Preparation and reconciliation of the Technical Service Fee Schedule to be sent to CCH.
- Provide support to BSO on all tax related BS accounts for the purpose of reconciliation and review.
- Preparation of Remittance Schedules for all taxes and collaborating with Treasury to ensure that payment is done within the stipulated time in the law.
- Provide assistance where necessary for all stakeholders in Tax accounting area especially advising/coaching all stakeholders of impact of their action or inaction on tax.
- Challenge current processes/practices and identify improvements where applicable.
- Provide support service to internal customers to resolve tax issues while maintaining a good contact with the various tax authorities.
- Review current processes of preparing the TIP/CIT with a view to improve on the processing time.
- Create work models in order to save time and ensure accuracy.
- Respects the Customers' policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Ensures healthy and safety conditions for the work of herself/himself and colleagues, incl. full and transparent reporting of labour accidents and near misses.
- Actively supports and participates in company's initiatives in the area of environment protection, resources saving, community projects and charity initiatives.
- Support Transfer Pricing consultants (KPMG) in gathering information and documentation of Annual Transfer Pricing Returns.
- Preparation and periodic update of the company's Tax Exposure Tracking Report and distribution to the Tax and Finance Process Manager, CFO, MD and Group Tax Manager.
Desired Candidate Profile
- B.Sc. Accounting or other Social Science related course
- Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA or ACTI is required
- Minimum of 4 years experience 2-3 years of experience in accounting and finance. Good knowledge of local GAAP & IFRS. Strong working experience in local taxation.
- Planning, organizing & time management skills
- Ability to think logically
- Data analysis/ analytical skills
- Knowledge and interpretation of policies, processes, procedures and systems
- Ability to think logically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including change management
- Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences Technical Knowledge IFRS/IAS relevant knowledge Tax relevant knowledge
Method of Application
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Bottling Company career website on www.nbcltdcareers.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.