FJA is part of the AfricaRecruit Limited (Registered in England: 4793819) group of companies. We may share your information with associated companies within this group in order to provide the services that you have requested.
In no circumstances will we pass your information to third parties to enable them to contact you themselves about products and services which they offer.
Bachelor degree preferably in Law, or political sciences, or Media & Communication, or Business Administration Work Experience: Clear previous commercial experiences and accomplishments (which have had a significant impact on the business), either as a Corporate Affairs, a line manager responsible for a market or as head of a business function are considered as a critical requirement. Excellent interpersonal skills, influential, strong leadership, and teamwork qualities are desirable. Previous Tobacco industry experience will be an advantage as well as having an understanding of the regulatory environment and industry dynamics. Experience in one or several countries within West Africa is a must. Languages & Computer Skills: Super command of written and spoken English, French would be highly valued. Fluent use of computers and software packages.
Creative thinking / Internal & External Communication (strategy design and execution) / Stakeholder Management & Relationship Brokering / Persuasion
POSITION PURPOSE (why the position exists, within what limits and with what objectives):
The incumbent is responsible for assessing the Operating Environment in West Africa, anticipating changes to the
environment which create commercial risk and competitive opportunity for the company and for the development and
implementation of strategies and programs which minimize risk and maximize competitive advantage. To achieve this, the
incumbent is expected to develop a broad understanding of the company’s business operations and commercial strategies
and programs as well as develop a comprehensive understanding of the social, economic, political and regulatory
environment in which the company operates, and of the special interest groups, organizations, and media which influence
and shape public opinion in the area. The incumbent will have primary responsibility for the Nigeria market and provide
support to selected West Africa markets.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Anticipate and assess changes to the company’s Operating Environment which create commercial risk and competitiveopportunity. Ensure anticipated changes are communicated to the market and hub managements and the Regional CA Management.
- Develop, or work with the Market Excom and functional counterparts to design and implement effective strategies and programs through which the Operating Environment will be shaped by counterbalancing the issues that can impact negatively on the business to minimize commercial risk and secure competitive advantage and our operating freedoms in West Africa.
- Direct the development of political, regulatory, and media maps which identify the groups or individuals who influence and shape public and government policy and opinion for West Africa relevant markets.
- Develop effective working relationships with these groups and individuals.Establish and maintain a solid stakeholder map (national and supra-national). Actively participate in the industry associations (liaising with other business units when relevant) as well as other relevant associations.
- Develop, or work with functional counterparts (including local, Region and HQ) to develop positions and views regarding public issues which have significant impact on the company’s operating environment. Develop political, regulatory, and media engagement strategies to ensure that the company’s positions and views are presented in a fair and accurate manner.
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain best of class Corporate Affairs talent to ensure that the Corporate Affairs mission and objectives for West Africa is achieved with the highest quality standards and in line with the Company Code of Conduct and the company’s Operating Guidelines.
- Establish clear performance criteria and objectives for all Public Relations consultants (and other service providers) engaged by the company in the market. Ensure that Public Relations strategies are aligned with the company’s business goals and performance objectives. Ensure that all Public Relations programs are assessed regularly against performance criteria and objectives. In charge of supporting the CA&C Regional management in deploying the Internal and external communication strategy of Company West Africa.
- Develop, coordinate and implement Company Nigeria's community investment programs in accordance with company guidelines. Extend Community Investment programs to other West Africa markets.
To perform any other tasks given by the direct manager.
go to method of application »
Bachelors’ degree in Accounting /Finance /Administration/Sciences MBA an added advantage Professional certifications relating to auditing ACA/ACCA/CISA/ICAN Minimum of ten years cognate work experience and must have worked in an audit (practicing) firm for a minimum of five years
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues
- Risk assessment, internal control development & execution. Business process validation
- Conduct the overall risk assessment of the company and development of annual audit plan
- Supervise the preparation and execution of annual audit plan
- Assist in critical project management including the planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting of audit work
- Report assignment relating to regulatory compliance, operational auditing, and financial/material auditing
- Identify and recommend cost savings and improvement opportunities.
- Identify and recommend business process changes resulting in strengthened internal controls and operational efficiencies
- Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to management and that a subsequent audit is issued promptly.
- Must possess superior business communication skills.
- Natural affinity and passion for details, technical problem solving
- Must be a transformational leader; should be able to work with and through people to achieve results.
- Must be decisive, courageous, with good decision making skills.
- Gentle but firm in dealing with staff
go to method of application »
Degree in Accounting or Finance 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles MBA is an added advantage Professional certifications in related field
- Strategic Financial Planning
- Managing Profitability
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Corporate Finance
- Developing Budgets
- Financial Skills
The CFO (for the Group of companies)shall be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the companies; responsible for the development of a financial and operational strategy; oversee deal analysis, negotiations, manage investor relationships; development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets as well as report accurate financial results.
Summary Key Deliverables:
- Develop and effectively drive finance organizational strategies, assist in formulating the company's future direction, monitor the implementation of strategic business plans by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establish functional objectives in line with overall organizational objectives
- Oversee Cash Flow positioning for the companies with clear understanding of sources and uses of funds; maintaining and upholding integrity of funds, securities and valued documents
- Effective control and management of all company liabilities, approve all agreements concerning financial obligations, such as contracts for procurements, assets, and other actions requiring a commitment of financial resources.
- Drive the attainment of overall company financial performance targets
- Budget and expense control
- Overall Risk management and mitigation
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing cost-effective benefits package
- Transact and manage all third party relationship e.g bankers, government related regulatory bodies ensuring timely compliance with statutory obligations
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and processes duly complied with
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and appropriate financial records and reporting are timely generated and communicated
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Passionate and self-driven with keen attention for details
- Must be decisive, courageous, with good decision making skills.
Method of Application
kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as subject of the email
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.