'thejobmag.com' is an organisation strongly dedicated to connecting Jobseekers to the right jobs mainly in Nigeria.
We go about this through our website (www.thejobmag.com). This is an online network where you can search and apply for jobs immediately at NO cost to you.
The ideal candidate would lead the development, management & maintenance of the organisation’s primary website and project websites. Developing and monitoring of ongoing web based media campaigns as well as management of the organisation’s IT and media assets (online & offline) e.g. hardware, software, pictures & videos etc.
If you interested in this position then you should be aware that your key responsibilities would include:
- Continous development of the Organisation’s website
- Increasing the site’s search engine optimization and ranking through search engine ranking, meta descriptions and site sharing.
- Establishing online marketing initiatives to increase site traffic (registration with other election related sites, sharing of news and blogs with other sites, engaging with other commonâ€ interest sites).
- Designing web pages including graphics, visuals, video and functionality in conjunction with the organisation’s technical team.
- Monitoring web traffic and providing monthly reports.
- Providing troubleshooting support and liaison with web and email providers, as required.
- Assist in the development of web publicity campaigns, as required.
- Building and maintaining required databases.
- Developing web applications (e.g. mobile applications), as required.
- Co-manage the organisation’s online platforms
Desired Competencies & Experience
- To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Possession of a degree in Multimedia Design, Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field.
- 3- 5 years previous work experience in a similar role
- Proficient with Fireworks, Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign or other design and video-editing software
- Strong understanding of best practices for online usability, accessibility and search engine optimization.
- High comfort level with social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, 2go etc.
- Ability to design templates for e-newsletters and graphics such as banners & logos
- Knowledge of web trends, analytics and necessary tools to track & manage
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good research skills with excellent computer skills and time management skills.
- Display a high level of attention to detail while being able to work well under pressure
- Experience with online marketing initiatives.
- Knowledge of database management programs
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.
- Demonstrates an analytical & systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to make decisions which influence the success of a project or enhances team objectives.
- Knowledge of Nigerian languages and previous NGO experience is desirable but not compulsory
- High degree of trustworthiness, discretion & confidentiality.
go to method of application »
The job holder will be responsible for generating new business opportunities and maintaining business relationships with both new and existing clients. He/she will be responsible for marketing, providing advertising support and technical assistance in proposal development.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then you should know that your specific duties would include the following:
- Connecting with key executives in mid-large enterprise organisations via emails, phone, chat and other tools
- Utilizing Internet information sources to build and maintain a lead development in the industry
- Penetrate, profile, qualify and schedule well qualified appointments with key decision makers within “targeted” companies.
- Meet and exceed daily and weekly email/call goals as well as deliver a high quantity of well qualified sales opportunities each month/quarter
- Articulate the company’s value proposition to key decision-makers across multiple industries to assess buying interest
- Learn and demonstrate fundamental understanding of the company’s products – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers, to successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Research customers, identify decision makers, educate prospects and qualify buying interest with a sense of urgency
- Leverage extensive resources and methodology to research and build "cold accounts" (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, cold calling, chat)
- Manage budget and resources allocation
Desired Competencies & Experience
To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Must possess Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical engineering or any related technical field
- Should have experience in sales, business development, marketing and other customer facing roles in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Must be a team player who possesses a desire and ability to work in a fast paced, goal oriented sales environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Proficiency in the use Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude for technology
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment
Method of Application
Do you have what it takes? Then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to email@example.com on or before 20th October 2016.