If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, formerly Federal University of Agriculture, Umudike, was established as a specialized University by the Federal Government of Nigeria via Act No 48 of 2nd November 1992. It began formal activities in My 1993 with the appointment of the first Governing Council and Vice-Chancellor.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Candidates for the Post of Bursar
- Candidates for the post of Bursar must exhibit considerable degree in financial resource management. Applicants must be in good health and able to endure the rigours of the duties of the office.
- Prospective candidates must show innovative approaches to the running of an ICT-driven Bursar working at the highest level of efficiency to eliminate time wasting, bureaucracy and bottlenecks.
- The ability to advise the Vice-Chancellor in planning and executing strategies for enhancing internal revenue generation as well as promoting the culture of “doing more with less” shall be required.
- Candidates for the post must be less than Sixty (60) years old at the time of assumption of duty.
Qualification and Experiences
- Candidates for the Position must possess a degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University/Institution of higher learning and a member of Professional Accounting Body of ICAN, ACCA, ANAN or any other recognized Professional Accounting Body with 20 years post-qualification experience, 12 years of which must be in an institution of higher learning.
- Possession of a higher degree in Accountancy will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward twenty five (25) copies of type-written Application with Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
- Fall Name (Surname first)
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O. Box or P.M.B)
- Current Postal Address (add telephone, GSM, arid e-mail contacts)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications with dates (where applicable)
- Working Experience (General and Specific with dates)
- Details of Administrative experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Membership of Professional Bodies with Date
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Publications (if any)
- Candidates should also indicate their curriculum vitae any capacity enhancing training they have undergone in their career and any publications relevant to engineering practice and maintenance they have authored or presented in professional conference.
- Names and addresses of three referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward their confidential reports to "The Registrar, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike and marked Position of Bursar"
Applicants should forward their correspondence to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Note: Position applied for written boldly at the top left corner of the envelope, to reach him before the above stated closing date.