Logistics Assistant / Driver at Population Council
Posted on: 21 September, 2016
Deadline: 4 October, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Population Council
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council’s major program areas ace HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
Location: Calabar, Nigeria
- To provide reliable and courteous transportation service to staff and maintain vehicle documentation.
- Operate and maintain vehicles with a focus on safety and passenger courtesy.
- Assist passengers courteously, and help with their baggage where necessary.
- Reads and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route services.
- Keep assigned vehicles clean inside and outside.
- Coordinate the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions.
- Run ad hoc errands.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in safe compounds, especially on overnight stays.
- Ensure that tool kits are in vehicles and that they are complete.
- Ensure policies regarding security and communications are followed.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records as requested by management, including vehicle logs and vehicle documentation.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicles, including general upkeep, and checking for example oil, water, break, clutch fluid, tyre pressures. Ensure any faults are promptly and appropriately reported.
- Fuel vehicle.
- Level of Education - Completion of Secondary School
- Two years’ work experience in driving with NGO
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
- Language Requirements - English - Good
- Ability to interact in cross-cultural setting with ease.
- Specialist Training/Qualification - Certificate of driver mechanic trade test
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of the local terrain, that is, Cross River State.
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit the following documents:
- Current CV with a cover letter
- A copy of Mechanic Trade Test
- A copy of valid Driver's license
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Population Council career website on www4.recruitingcenter.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Population CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Action Against Hunger
- APP Editor at ActionAid Nigeria
- MEAL & Assessment Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)