An IT/Digital company that offers services in the areas of technology support, network infrastructure and services assurance is currently looking for a business development executive who will be responsible for the sales generation of the organization. The individual would also be responsible for maintaining close relationship with all clients and work cooperatively with other team members to achieve organisational objective.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services to existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs. Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with unit head on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports to unit head and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Ensure monthly sales targets are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with Unit Head on delivering detailed sales projection/budget ahead of business year to Group Head of sales
- Work closely with Unit Head to deliver annual Sales plan, broken down into quarters, not later than a month before the beginning of a financial year to Group Head of sales
Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
A bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 1year of sales or marketing experience. An MBA will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RS Hunter Limited career website on jobs.rs-hunter.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.