SOS Children Villages Nigeria - Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development organisation working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at risk of losing parental care. SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation that provides support and guidance to SOS member associations in over 133 countries worldwide. Working through out the country,
SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria is in the process of recruiting the for the vacant position of:
- As a non-profit Organization, SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria largely depends on private individuals, organizations, companies and other external bodies to provide the resources it needs to sustain its operations.
- The Fundraising & Communication Officer is, therefore, responsible for largely contributing to raising funds and donations-in-kind for the sustenance of the operations of SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria Association.
- Secure financial support and donations in kind from individuals, companies and other external bodies
- Maintain good relations with donors and sponsors and manage the Village Public Relations activities
- Maintain a Positive External Image of the Organisation
- Adhere to the Association’s General Administrative/Management Policies and Guidelines
- Understand the SOS Children’s Village Organization
- Develop Programme Proposal for Grants
- A degree in social sciences or arts/humanities with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to recognise and develop new fund raising opportunities,
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines, Strong analytical/problem solving skills, Negotiation skills, Proposal writing skills
- Strong planning and prioritization skills, creativity and good initiatives as well as demonstrable IT skills
- A person of integrity, creativity and takes initiatives
go to method of application »
Location: Gwagwalada, Abuja
- The Village Director/FBC Coordinator who is accountable for the overall development of the children within the SOS families, and supports each SOS mother directly.
- He/She is also accountable for the effective management of the Village, including Finances and Human Resources.
- He/she reports to the National Director/Programme Director as applicable within the specific context, and is fully supported by the National Office in developing plans and activities which will lead to the advancement of the Village and its SOS families.
1.) Lead the administration of the Village including:
- Overall development of the Village and its families
- Guide and support the SOS Mothers
- Ensure that support services are provided for SOS families
- Participation in children’s activities in the Village and community
2.) Build synergy between the SOS families and the host community
3.) Contribute innovatively to the overall development of the National Association
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send a motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable references to:
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria
18 Church Street,
Off Salvation Street, Opebi, Ikeja
P.O Box 660 Shomolu Lagos, Nigeria
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale