GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
In this strategic technical Presales position, the Presales Solution Architect will establish a trusted
advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. You will
collaborate with internal corporate development teams, Presales technical teams and commercial
sales teams in the business unit they are supporting to help drive sales of our Predix platform and
suite of APM.
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers business and technical needs
- Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal
- technical teammates
- Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Help to
- provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem
- solving ability across the landscape
- Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions
- Provide deep sw / hw technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design
- Interface with all Presales Solutions Architects globally and participate in the SA community to
- help train, mentor, and guide other colleagues through new solution architecture framework
- Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions
- Interface with COE CTOs to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities
- Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued
- Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
- Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE customers from their current state to the
- target GE Digital Strategy by deploying Predictivity Solutions in concert with other GE Products &
- Services as well as potential 3rd party solutions.
- Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad
- scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
- Compose and deliver superior outcome based sales presentations and demonstrations across
- the portfolio as well as the ability to dive into the depths of certain defined solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
- Minimum 10+ years’ work experience in Software Presales
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background
- Must be willing to travel (If there is travel)
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on y our resume) for Nigerians only.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in assigned vertical
- Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
- Deep understanding of the technology stack to include OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
- Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
- Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
Job Segments: Solution Architect, Architecture, Engineer, Developer, Virtualization, Technology, Engineering
go to method of application »
The GE Power Communications Leader is a member of the SSA communications team. This role is responsible for leading, developing and executing a wide variety of strategic communication initiatives that support GE's Power businesses in SSA.
- Develop, execute, & maintain a holistic strategic communications plan for GE Power across the SSA Region.
- Lead the delivery of an integrated marketing communications plan aligned to all the GE Power P&L platforms in the region
- Design and execute communications campaigns to support business campaigns for targeted regional opportunities, working closely with the region business leaders and global GE Power communications teams.
- Be a strategic adviser on market and stakeholder/interest groups relevant to GE Power. Understand the economic and social landscape and continuously provide strategic advice on the market, stakeholders and interest groups to the GE Power leadership.
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party stakeholders such as decision makers and influencers. Develop programs to deepen engagement with associations and think tanks. Continuously create leadership engagement platforms with stakeholders through one on one meetings, group luncheons etc.
- Manage GE Power’s presence in SSA at regional industry events, key initiatives and programs as defined by the power businesses; including budget, deliverables, key performance indicators (KPI’s) and metrics
- Lead the overall internal communication strategy for GE Power with innovative solutions that will help to drive employee engagement
- Lead a wide range of projects including internal communication, industry and customer communication, executive presentations, digital content, and business-wide events & industry exhibits
- Ensure consistent messaging across all communication vehicles including newsletters, events & exhibits, intranet/internet, etc.
- Develop process for regional leadership of niche tradeshows and conferences
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to track tradeshow performance including perception and lead generation
- Connect the GE Power sales organization through meaningful communications strategies and tactics
- Support and contribute to the efforts of peers across the GE Africa communications organization
- Issue/Crisis Management coordinate responses to issues and crises and support proactive amplification of appropriate stories to maximize benefit to GE.
- Minimum 10 - 12 years of experience in communications, with active understanding of wider communications mix; employee, external communications – TV, print, radio, events etc.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality communications and branding programs and material/output.
- Experience with the media/journalists at Editor/publisher/decision-making level is key to this role.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Excellent level of spoken and written English required. French language proficiency would be an advantage
- Ability and experience in engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Individual must exhibit strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent project manager; must possess superior organization & creative skills
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet numerous deadlines
- Able to interact professionally at all levels internally and externally
- Previous multinational experience preferred
- Self-starter, self-motivated, creative and energetic
Job Segments: Communications, Marketing Communications, Editor, Event Marketing, Pre-Sales, Marketing, Publishing, Sales
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE Career Page