Job Opportunity at Ensure Insurance Plc
Posted on: 27 June, 2016
Deadline: 30 June, 2016
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at ENSURE Insurance Plc
Ensure Insurance Plc - A leading Insurance company in Nigeria, with offices in Lagos (head Office), Port Harcourt and Abuja, seeks an experienced professional to provide strategic leadership in its technical insurance division.
Ref No: CUO 0001
Job Types: Full-time
- The CUO will serve as a member of executive management with direct responsibility for all underwriting operations of the company (Underwriting - Life and Non-Life, Claims, Reinsurance, Actuarial).
- Improve the underwriting performance of the organisation to achieve a loss ratio of 45% across all businesses.
- Design, execute, and monitor the underwriting goals of the organisation as defined in its strategic document.
- Lead a strong and youthful team of underwriters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and promote underwriting best practices, with focus on underwriting profitability
- Responsible for the Life & Non-Life underwriting units of the company
- Responsible for the retail processing and actuarial units of the company
- Responsible for planning and directing all underwriting procedures.
- Directs the various underwriting function of the organization including Individual Life, Group Life, Non-Life and Health
- Develops long-term underwriting strategies and directions for the company, and sets specific goals and policies for underwriting operations.
- Determines product mix and target markets for the company. Drives marketing and distribution strategies for the company
- Products development, pricing and profitability analysis
- Responsible for the actuarial valuation of both the Life and Non-Life books of the business
- Coaching, Mentoring and Facilitation of Training Programmes
- Other roles as may be assigned by the organisation
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess a Bachelors' degree in from a reputable institution
- Not less than 12 years post qualification experience in Underwriting
- Track record of consistently building dynamic teams, identifying high-yielding products in highly competitive, start-up /established companies during the career span.
- Hands on experience in managing business operations.
- Demonstrable experience in creating business development procedures, service standards, operational policies and guidelines.
- Age: 45yrs
- Deep knowledge of insurance underwriting (Life & Non-Life).
- Good actuarial knowledge.
- Knowledge of Financial accounting of both Life and Non-Life business.
- Knowledge of Insurance operations and financial accounting
- Leadership qualities
- Patient and Calm
- Team Builder and Player
- Ability to develop other leaders and managers
Method of Application
Applicants should send their cover letter and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Click here to apply online
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ENSURE Insurance PlcSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at an Insurance Firm Via Human Leadership Resources
- Head, Human Capital Management at MasterMindsHRSG Consulting
- Personal Assistants at the African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
- Jobs in the Insurance Industry Via Oscar Temple
- Head, Legal at AXA Mansard Pensions
- Personal Assistant Vacancy at AXA Mansard
- Job Vacancies at an Insurance Firm - Fosad Consulting (UPDATED)
- Head, E-Commerce Group at AXA Mansard