Job Opportunity at Ensure Insurance Plc
Posted on: 27 June, 2016
Deadline: 30 June, 2016
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at ENSURE Insurance Plc
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Ensure Insurance Plc - A leading Insurance company in Nigeria, with offices in Lagos (head Office), Port Harcourt and Abuja, seeks an experienced professional to provide strategic leadership in its technical insurance division.
Ref No: CUO 0001
Job Types: Full-time
- The CUO will serve as a member of executive management with direct responsibility for all underwriting operations of the company (Underwriting - Life and Non-Life, Claims, Reinsurance, Actuarial).
- Improve the underwriting performance of the organisation to achieve a loss ratio of 45% across all businesses.
- Design, execute, and monitor the underwriting goals of the organisation as defined in its strategic document.
- Lead a strong and youthful team of underwriters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and promote underwriting best practices, with focus on underwriting profitability
- Responsible for the Life & Non-Life underwriting units of the company
- Responsible for the retail processing and actuarial units of the company
- Responsible for planning and directing all underwriting procedures.
- Directs the various underwriting function of the organization including Individual Life, Group Life, Non-Life and Health
- Develops long-term underwriting strategies and directions for the company, and sets specific goals and policies for underwriting operations.
- Determines product mix and target markets for the company. Drives marketing and distribution strategies for the company
- Products development, pricing and profitability analysis
- Responsible for the actuarial valuation of both the Life and Non-Life books of the business
- Coaching, Mentoring and Facilitation of Training Programmes
- Other roles as may be assigned by the organisation
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess a Bachelors' degree in from a reputable institution
- Not less than 12 years post qualification experience in Underwriting
- Track record of consistently building dynamic teams, identifying high-yielding products in highly competitive, start-up /established companies during the career span.
- Hands on experience in managing business operations.
- Demonstrable experience in creating business development procedures, service standards, operational policies and guidelines.
- Age: 45yrs
- Deep knowledge of insurance underwriting (Life & Non-Life).
- Good actuarial knowledge.
- Knowledge of Financial accounting of both Life and Non-Life business.
- Knowledge of Insurance operations and financial accounting
- Leadership qualities
- Patient and Calm
- Team Builder and Player
- Ability to develop other leaders and managers
Method of Application
Applicants should send their cover letter and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Click here to apply online
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ENSURE Insurance PlcSimilar Jobs
- Assistant Manager, Business Development at Willis Towers Watson Nigeria Limited
- Operations Manager at an Insurance Firm - Workforce Group