If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SOS Children’s Villages–Nigeria, seek individuals who are committed and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children.
SOS Children’s Villages-Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other status protected by applicable law. SOS Children’s Villages-Nigeria strives to maintain a recruitment process that is open and competitive for all interested candidates.
- BSC/ HND in any of Business Administration/Business Management; Human Resource Management, Secretarial Administration or any of the Social Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Strong oral and written communication as well as team-oriented skills
- Strong organizational, administrative and logistics planning skills
- Capacity to prioritize tasks, proactive, good attention to detail and can work under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills, flexibility and adaptability for changing workloads
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of the MS-Office Suite [Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook]
- Knowledge of Child Rights, and Child Protection as well as experience in an NGO will be added advantage.
go to method of application »
- Bachelor's Degree in, social development work, education, youth and community development, business development/management.
- At least 4 years’ experience in youth development work and financial delivery
- Experience in guidance and counselling of young people
- 2 to 3 years of experience working with entrepreneurs and/ or small-medium enterprises (SMEs) or self-employments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with youth, and multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated success in working with youth, particularly in group settings.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
- Strong interest and ability in working with diverse groups
- Good knowledge of child and youth development, human behaviour, social and business environment
- Experience working in schools or a non-profit human services setting.
- Knowledge of the Youth Program and assessment tool.
- Experience leading youth in experiential, recreational and service learning activities.
- Experience with curriculum development and implementation.
- Knowledge on child protection and children rights
- Knowledge on how traditions, culture, beliefs and customs influence human functioning and development at all levels
- Understanding of cultural diversity, characteristics of special target groups, implications for assessment and intervention
- Understanding of services, including crisis intervention, conflict resolution and individual and group counselling
- Ability to set and maintain professional boundaries with clients
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate
- Ability to work independently and in the team
- A practical and flexible approach to work
- Resilience - for coping with difficult situations and challenging cases
- Good time management, organisational and administrative skills
Preferred Additional Criteria
- Experience in the development or delivery of economic support services for youth, women and families
- Driving license
go to method of application »
Interns/ volunteers are encouraged to send their application in the following areas:
- Health - Medical Doctors, Pharmacist, Medical Records Officer
- Education - Teachers
- Human Resources
- Programmes Development - Field officers
- Fund Development & Communication
- Finance and Controlling - Accountants
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Administration and logistics
Profiles for Volunteers
- Demonstrates team-member skills
- Patience and ICT Skills
- Good Attention to Detail
- Time Management, Organization, Coordination and Thoroughness
- Professionalism, Productivity and Quality Focus
- Deadline-Oriented, strong Internal Communications, and Reporting Skills
- Willingness to learn
- Strong inter-personal, communication, organizational and ICT skills
- Knowledge of Child’s Rights and Child Protection will be added advantages
In accordance with the Organisation’s Child Protection Policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
go to method of application »
Required skills, knowledge and Experience
- A Degree or equivalent qualification: preferably in a relevant subject area, such as, Communication, Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, International Development and Business Development.
- 10 years' experience in Fundraising/Marketing/Sales, 3-5 years of managerial experience and Master's degree will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of NGO's operation, best practices and market trends
- Understanding of the Child and Youth Development principles (acquire on the job)
- Good understanding of HR and Development
- Strong negotiation, Communication and networking skills
- Good knowledge of Children's Rights (Acquire on the Job)
- Good knowledge of Sales process
- Knowledge of business and financial practise
- Knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation.
Key technical skill required:
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Creative and entrepreneurial skills
- Time and resource management
- Business acumen
- People management and networking skills
- Decision making skills
- Good Budget and financial skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Planning, organising and coordinating skills
- Relationship building skills
- Conflict management
- Marketing skills
- Good working knowledge and use of MS Office (Work, Excel Powerpoint, Outlook, Lync)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Plan and manage fund-raising campaigns and activities
- Identify and cultivate prospective donors/sponsors
- Stay on top of advancements and changes that are pertinent to raising money within the country, to the organization's mission and programs, and to the development profession
- Defines implements and fulfills the middle-term FDC strategy reflected in the business plans of the Member Association. This includes donations in kind and public funding
- Plans, monitors, evaluates and analyses the fundraising activities according to defined planning and reporting procedures and against defined and agreed KPIs
- Positions SOS Children’s Villages as a strong and consistent brand among potential and existing supporters based on SOS Children’s Villages roots, vision, mission and values.
- Works according to globally valid manuals and guidelines and the Fund Development & Communication Department’s planning and reporting procedure
- Collaborates with the Brand and communication Advisor in pursuing opportunities for the country to internally and externally promote the Member Associations’ activities in order to increase the public recognition and foster a positive image with the overall goal to support fundraising activities.,
- Drive fundraising innovation in all fields of Fundraising like products, channels, target groups, database solutions etc.
- Supports National Sponsorship Coordinator
- Supervises and leads the national Fundraising team in the Member Association including all leadership tasks from recruitment decisions to managing the team as well as individual performance and ensuring the development of direct reports
- Act as a role model and further develops individuals and team through performance- and talent management
- Manage the operation of local systems /database applications in close cooperation with ICT unit and in line with SOS standards for software development (ALM)
- Drive local private partnerships, manage alliances with High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), multinational corporates and local foundations
- Ensure quality in service and communication (this includes monitoring and capacity building) of the fundraising & sponsorship coordinators.
- Support effective use of photo/video
- Coordinate knowledge sharing and learning tool with team (e.g., workshops, trainings, peer exchanges, coaching, mentoring).
go to method of application »
- Minimum of Senior Secondary School Certificate [SSC] or General Certificate Exam [GCE]
- Valid Driver's license
- with minimum of 3 years work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering and knowledge of Child Rights are added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply on SOS Village website