Electrical & Instrument Engineer Vacancy at WTS Energy
Posted on: 9 October, 2012
Deadline: 8 November, 2012
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View Jobs posted same day
WTS Energy is a leading globally operating, high level manpower & recruitment company, 100% focused on international oil & gas and (new) energy jobs. Established in 2000, we have always served Oil and Gas and Energy companies around the world by supplying top talent to their operations.
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Senior Electrical /Instrument Engineer (Maintenance) for one of its client who is a reputed International Oil & Gas operating company.
Job Title: Electrical & Instrument Engineer (Maintenance)
Reference Code: WTVN019953047
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Senior Electrical & Instrument Engineer provides front-line electrical/instrument maintenance support to the operational fields, both onshore and offshore. An integral part of the maintenance team working directly for the Head of Maintenance.
The Responsibilities of Senior Electrical /Instrument Engineer (Maintenance) include but are not limited to the following:
- Improve the safety, reliability and efficiency of plant & associated equipment by application of their engineering discipline expertise in providing solutions to maintenance problems.
- Ensure high uptime by safely eliminating bad actors.
- Develop and implement cost effective "smart" CMMS E&I maintenance strategies/routines/procedures and equipment performance assurance standards.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external Clients.
- Champion safe working practices for maintaining Safety Critical Elements on electrical and instrument systems, such as HV/LV, emergency power, DC UPS installations, ESD, fire & gas. Mentor and coach indigenous E&I discipline technicians in pursuit of excellence carrying out preventative and breakdown maintenance programmes and routines
- Provide technical support to offshore and onshore, for all operational electrical/instrument discipline maintenance matters.
- Will be required to travel to each of the locations on a regular basis to assist field maintenance staff
- Provide contractual resources for all electrical/instrument discipline aspects of the fields operational maintenance as required.
- Compile monthly maintenance performance statistics for inclusion in the monthly report by the MEM.
- Continually review all spares and stock requirements / usage and advise HMI with regard to discipline requirements / changes.
- Develop plan to replace aging equipment and associated sparing & maintenance
- Provide discipline input into the CMMS.
- Responsible for providing the electrical/instrumental CM program for both field locations, trending data and advising on required actions from findings.
- Responsible for providing the motor bearing analysis and thermographic surveys for field locations, trending data and advising on required actions from findings.
- Responsible for providing FMEA and develop a matrix for the critical assets.
- Monitor and assess electrical/instrument candidates for HV/LV isolations and ESD/F&G testing
- Develop on-the-job electrical/instrument CBT and assessment via 3rd-Parties
- Develop & maintain Hazardous Area equipment registers and Plot Plans for all facilities
- An HND or equivalent in electrical/instrument maintenance discipline is desirable
- COREN Registration is desirable
- Member of an Engineering Institute is desirable
- 15 years operational oil and gas industry maintenance experience, including 10 years offshore, is essential
- An in depth knowledge of field operations including onshore and offshore Production operations, computerised maintenance management system and logistics.
- BOSIET/HUET certificate & offshore medical certificate of fitness
- A sound knowledge of Nigerian Legislation, International Standards, Best Practise, HSSE, Safety Case, SCE, design & operating performance standards, Management of Change/Deviations, Project to Operations handover criteria, hazardous area safe working practices.
- Working experience of electrical generation, distribution, switching, UPS, protection system function testing, fault finding, instrumentation, testing of PSVs, Fiscal Metering, loop testing, ESD, fire & gas, deluge systems etc.
- Working experience of a Senior Site Electrical Authority or TCI to provide safe HV/LV/DC and process isolations for Permit to Work.
- Competent in reading engineering drawings, P&IDs, C&Es, loop, schematics and SLD, ladder and logic charts.
- Familiar with RCA, IPF, RBI, RCM, RAM and risk mitigation.
- Mentor, coach and train on-the-job indigenous E&I personnel
- Good written/spoken English and computer literate
- Experienced Team Leader offshore and onshore
- Management of Change
Deadline: 8th November, 2012
Click Here To APPLY
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Customer Service Manager at ABB
- Job Opening at a Truck Assembly Plant
- Latest Job Opportunity at CA Global
- Engineering Vacancy at 360 Degree Habitat Limited
- Engineering Role at at PPC Limited
- Engineering Vacancy at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Job Vacancies at ABB
- Base Manager at KOP Surface Products