If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
We make a difference by helping people to operate in safe and secure environments where they can thrive and prosper and we believe this role can only grow in importance.
G4S is the largest employer on the London Stock Exchange, with operations in more than 125 countries and over 620,000 employees. In this annual report we feature the important work carried out by our employees across our 125 countries. We are proud of the role they play in securing your world.
- Kindly note, by registering your details for this Expression of Interest Role you acknowledge a potential, future relevant role with G4S and that this is not an active vacancy. G4S recruit throughout the year, and job roles will become live at different times in different locations. By applying you will be considered for all suitable roles when they open.
- The Project Manager will coordinate the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to the customer within their portfolio, in compliance with legislation, Company policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets.
Effective management of the contract financial performance:
Initiate cost saving model and controls:
- Gross Margin Management
- Direct Wage control / Employee Relations management
- Overheads control
- Contract profitability
- Existing Revenue Growth
- Escalations are achieved
- Manage the contracts cash flow
- Deployment Security Officer management
Effective management staff within contract:
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Effective labour management including rosters and shift patterns
- Management of overtime and annual leave
- Undertake other activities as required.
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Staff motivation levels
- Ensuring that performance assessments of all subordinate employees are conducted and corrective action implemented where necessary
- Ensuring that acceptable standards of behaviour at work are maintained by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code
- Ensuring that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Effective management of Operations:
Client retention and customer service levels:
- Ensuring that site meetings are held on an ongoing basis
- Conducting regular site visits to assess effectiveness of site procedure implementation, identifying training needs and procedural improvements
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minute
- Maintenance of client relationship and ensuring client retention
Operations Process management - adherence to quality standard:
- Ensuring that absenteeism is maintained within established norms
- Ensuring that manpower is maintained at optimum levels, to minimise unnecessary overtime
- Ensuring that only appropriately trained and PSIRA registered security personnel are utilized at all times
- Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized through regular customer risk assessments
- Effective labour management and rostering
- Liaison with regards to invoicing, accuracy of such and securing payment
Shared Best Practice:
- Specific examples of implementation of Best Practice from other regions
Effective management of business development function:
New business development:
- Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customer, driven by the promotion of integrated security solutions
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years experience in manned guarding operations in a supervisory capacity
- At least 2 years experience of managing security at a mine or large industrial plant with a force of 200+ men
- Experience in manpower planning / project administration
- Competent in Excel
- Able to communicate at senior management level
- Valid driving license
- Fluent in English
- French language skills
- Nigerian passport.
Method of Application
To apply, visit G4S Career Page