If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Purpose / Role
- The purpose of this job is to Manage maintenance activities, integrity of assets and discipline engineering and in order to deliver asset integrity, unit availability and reliability, required product quality, and all within agreed budgets.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Reduction in downtime due to electrical, mechanical, or system failures.
- Increase in uptime through implementation of Preventive Maintenance (PM), Predictive Maintenance (PdM), and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Asset Integrity Management System (AIMS) is in place and functioning.
- Continuous improvement programs in place and functioning.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage interfaces and work collaboratively with the other departments, joint venture partners, and clients such as Projects, Asset Management (Brownfield?), SCM, QHSE, Group HSSE.
- Responsible for all facets of Facilities Maintenance, Power Supply and Transmission, Utilities, Plant Maintenance, Plant Certification, and Electrical Works.
- Identify and deliver improvements in policy, strategy and efficiency of maintenance, integrity, engineering and related HSE processes/activities to optimize maintenance/operational life cycle costs in line with Nigerdock’s and Jagal Group’s strategies and KPI’s. Collectively, known as the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programme.
- Manage the planning, implementing and co-ordinating Asset Integrity Management Systems, Corrosion Management & annual inspection programme of assets liaising with Projects, Asset Management, and QHSE.
- Develop application and fully implement risk and reliability management techniques, like Risk Based Inspection (RBI), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), and Instrument Protective Function (IPF).
- Responsible for the creation and update of the yearly and 5-year Integrity Plan. Implement and monitor the Asset Integrity Management System (AIMS).
- Provide support for discipline engineering, relevant maintenance disciplines and projects, and manage change control. Maintain healthy and competent capability of maintenance and facilities support.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of engineering and maintenance procedures and management
- Develop where needed and implement risk based inspection programs to improve asset integrity with a strong focus on safety, cost containment and integrity
- Develop asset integrity conditioning monitoring strategies and programs for loss containment purposes including corrosion monitoring and all issues, which have potential to impact asset integrity, including equipment/hardware, process/procedures, operational business systems, verification/ assurance and personnel competencies.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track program performance and KPMI (Key Parameters for Mechanical Integrity) Program where applicable for all of the equipment and facilities on Snake Island.
- Maximize fixed equipment uptime to optimize shutdowns and extend turnaround intervals in compliance to regulatory and manufacturers’ requirements and identify resources to support troubleshooting of fixed equipment recurrent problems and apply root cause analysis (RCA) practices to equipment failure investigations.
- Develop and support the implementation of production uptime programs including Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM).
- Lead the creation of Degradation/Maintenance Manuals Programme:
- Ensure adequate, consistent working documents are in place for all plants and equipment.
- Ensure Facilities and Maintenance Managers and Engineers have ownership of their respective Degradation/Maintenance Manuals.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop national staff with a view to progressively advance the nationalisation of the Nigerdock’s staff in country.
Produce weekly/monthly reports as required including:
- EXCo meetings with Chairman
- MD’s meetings
- DMD’s meetings
Reports to include but not be limited to:
- Reactive maintenance
- Scheduled maintenance
- Asset reliability reports
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
go to method of application »
- All commercial issues of the project from start to finish.
- Key person for communication & dissemination regarding the financial implications of the project.
- This is the Interface with the client on all commercial matters from start to finish.
- This position will require in depth knowledge of clients in the area and understanding the clients business and clients goals - especially where we can assist them in achieving them.
Key aims and objectives
- Perform Ship repair and services, develops annual budgets; establishes plant and departmental goals; ensures compliance with all Safety, Quality, Company and Regulatory directives; directs activities in areas of safety and personnel, production, scheduling, material handling, and quality; manages managers, foremen and office personnel; performs under the administrative direction of a division general manager or other division manager.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure a timely response to all client’s enquiries - 1st point of contact, to create the programme of work for production from agreed contracts and to organize the initial work packages and its dissemination.
- Managing the Shipyard bidding process and procedures including all quotations at all stages.
- Ensure vessel specifications are complete to ensure that the quotation is commercially / technically sound.
- Discuss the work required to be performed by a range of Subcontractors and issue “legally risk free” work orders to them.
- Ensure that an effective “Risk Control” is in place and reviewed for applicability to each contract (Insurance / T & C’s / Liability etc.)
- Ensure the “work done list” is agreed with the client so that the invoice can be raised.
- Raise invoices and follow through to ensure timely settlement, chasing clients where necessary.
- Oversee all commercial contracts with major clients / JV’s to ensure Legal Consistency and liability coverage as well as Nigerdock input and controls and actions - for Nigerdock profit. (Transocean / Wilmot Point Naval base - as examples)
- Oversee all commercial contracts placed on “Professional Service Co.” which are to be used by Shipyard. To ensure that the maximum cost/values are identified and liabilities clarified.
- Identify competitor activity in the region - which would include contracts / rates / clients.
- Build a Database of existing clients with all contact / vessel information – likewise for potential clients operating in the region but not as yet using Nigerdock
- Bringing outstanding items / issues to Management notice in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all 3rd party charges have been included in the final invoice such as (SIMCO / Medical / Transport).
- Taking the lead in the periodic reviews of Nigerdock Tariffs
- Ensuring all client concerns / complaints are brought to Management attention immediately.
- To act on own initiative in order to improve the process or projects and inform Management of any suggestions for consideration.
- Attend Periodic Safety meetings as part of Shipyard staff.
- Attend weekly Safety meetings and regular inspections of the Shipyard to ensure all workforce complies with any and all updates in the Safety process.
- Complete various “Internal Projects” assigned to them in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Report unsafe acts / instances requiring discipline to Management without delay.
- Understanding and following the agreed goals and annual targets for the position
- Advising on technical issues where required
- Client / status reports as and when requested by Management, this would include areas of concern or areas to be addressed by Nigerdock.
- Forecast report - monthly showing;
- Total enquiries and quotations carried out
- The grading of the client / likely hood of successful quotation (other parameters as yet to be agreed)
- To liaise closely with production staff to not only offer technical advise but to ensure Work is performing in line with customer expectations
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Shipyard Managers, HSE Manager, General Manager, Legal section, Project Manager, Estimation section, Finance department and Tech reps.
Key External Interfaces:
- Vendors / Suppliers
- 3rd party companies
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a shipyard manager or other management level responsibilities in a heavy steel manufacturing environment, Oil & Gas background if possible
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard management
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, word processing and PowerPoint,
- A strong client facing background with previous experience of dealing and presenting information to major clients on large projects.
- Ability to apply Continuous Improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives. Must be adaptable and open to new ideas.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously.
- Previous experience in Africa desirable
- Good technical knowledge of vessels
- Ship repair/build experience desirable.
Method of Application
To apply, visit JAGAL Career Page