Job Vacancy at Saint-Gobain
Posted on: 14 April, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Saint-Gobain
Saint-Gobain with its rich history of over 350 years is the world leader in the habitat and construction market. We design, manufacture and distribute high-performance building materials providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection. Saint-Gobain operates in 65 countries and has more than 170,000 employees and has obtained ‘’Top Employer Global 2016’’ certification.
- As Territory Sales Manager, you will be responsible to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively being responsible for the customer satisfaction and market share within the your territory.
Your will be responsible for the following:
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long terms profitability growth in sales revenue.
- Directs the selling activities with the Territory, inclusive of customer interaction, Prioritizing effectively and in accordance with the Saint-Gobain Construction products objectives
- Representing Saint-Gobain in the country and managing the office
- Identifying with central team certain Merger & Acquisition targets in the country.
- Sets the vision for the Region and develop and adheres to a business plan to attain this vision
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of regional and profitability. Disseminate information to management.
- To demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Establish, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develop a clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organization
- Create and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities
- Plan and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows and telemarketing events.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Responsibility for all safety aspects within assigned area with particular focus on driving standards and safety on building
- Participate social upliftment programmes within Division
- Ensure compliance with regards to Corporate Governance aligned to the SGCP Group standar
- Relationship with Key Stakeholder
- Management & other team member commitment
- Commitment of the Organisation
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally you will possess the following:
- Diploma / Degree in Built Environment or Business Management
- Relevant industry experience in construction/ building
- A commercial qualification is an added advantage
- Willingness to undertake relevant higher qualification is desirable
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- 3 to 5 years in Architecture / Construction and sales management experience
- Similar experience in sales environment is an added advantage
- Experience is the Sub-Saharan Markets, emerging/unstructured markets
- Knowledge of exports and imports administration.
- Knowledge and experience the building industry will be an added advantage
- Understanding International markets and their trends and proved network in Construction business
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Ability to research markets and adapt strategy to suite changing environments.
- Ability to compile business proposals.
- Must be willing to travel extensively into African countries.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and operate independently;
- Good with people
- Good work ethic
- Trustworthy and reliable individual
- Good presentation and selling skills.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different cultures.
- Proven project related experience
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Commercial awareness - ability to identify opportunities and action
- Broader understanding of macro-economic drivers
- Success at selling new concepts and products
- Business to business selling, possibly construction market based and knowledge of modern procurement routes
Method of Application
To apply, visit Saint-Gobain Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Saint-GobainSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Mambila Beverages Nigeria Limited
- Sales Vacancy at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Engineering Job Opportunity at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Vacancy at Perfetti Van Melle
- Job Opportunities at the Fareast Mercantile Company Limited
- Sales Executives at Skiddo Foods Limited
- Job Opening at Dogan's Sugar Limited
- Export Logistics Officers at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)