Manager, 2G/3G at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 14 April, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
- Coordinates Field activities for the Deployment of EMTS active and passive network elements in assigned Region in line with overall project plan as it relates to project scope, milestones and quality.
- Proactively highlight and proffer solutions to risks which may cause or lead to blockage and/or delay in projects in the region, prior to occurrence.
- Constantly liaise with the Technical Project Delivery Team to get update and gather requisite project information/documentation for new major projects launched in the region for eventual field implementation. Covering 2G, 3G, LTE, Transmission, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical projects.
- Constantly liaise with other requisite departments and units in the Technical Team to get update and gather requisite project information/documentation for other new ad-hoc projects launched in the region for eventual field implementation. Covering 2G, 3G, LTE, Transmission, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical projects.
- Assign field resources and provide necessary oversight on the resources for proper supervision of quality of vendors' works on the field.
- Schedule appropriate quality checkpoints on field projects and ensure proper documentation of snags and correction process.
- Constantly monitor progress of field implementation for all projects in the region to ensure adherence to project plan, scope and quality.
- Proactively identify risks and hindrances and ensure timely resolutions and escalations. Liaise with requisite units across the business to resolve such identified issues.
- Liaise with the SAQ Team and the Colocation Team to resolve access issues for vendors on site.
- Investigate issues with vendors where delays are continuously blocking progress and report status to management for resolution.
- Prepare status reports on vendor activities, gather data and provide up to date reports for management use.
- Visit major EMTS sites, RNCs BSCs, BTSs and Node Bs, cross checking technical designs and drawings for conformity ensuring reliability of delivery without blocking points arising in the implementation and contract process by working as liaison between affected departments.
- Tackle implementation of any planned links (new or upgrade) in the region by investigation of the link budget or visit to sites.
- Ensure vendors have not missed items in the BoQ that may affect the planned progress of projects and highlight potential blocking points in the BoQ which could lead to serious delays.
- Ensure that projects are executed to contract terms.
- Monitor capacity of the critical areas relating to growth in either radio, transmission (microwave and fibre needs) and core, and escalate appropriately.
- Report potential unforeseen delays of the RAN progress status to the Radio, Core and Transmission Teams
- Prepare and submit scheduled periodic reports and other requested ad-hoc reports on all aspects of the project before deadline; including PPT quality reports as requested by the TPD Team.
- Prepare, update and submit scheduled 3-week rolling activity plan for all Site Supervisors in the Region.
- Visit sites/locations, assess issues causing delays and liaise with the security team to provide security where needed.
- Prepare necessary Business Cases and Justifications for identified sub-projects in the region driving major projects and chase necessary approvals with relevant units across the business.
- Take ownership of all Deployment activities within the region and champion discipline and ethical conduct among team members in the region.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, RAN Rollout.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering. Or any other relevant numerate sciences.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years' work experience with at least three (3) in a supervisory role in the Project Team of a Telecoms Operator or vendor.
- Network Equipment Installation
- Network Planning and Design
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specification.
- Project Management.
- Influencing and Negotiation
- Delegation/ Supervisory
- Communication and Reporting.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
To apply, visit Etisalat's Career Page
Note: Click or search jobs by date. Choose a suitable timeframe e.g. Last 7 Days and then click on Search.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- Sales Account Manger at Boch Systems Company Limited (BOCH)
- Business Advisors at Ventures Platform Foundation
- Company Driver at Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Manager at Ifotta
- Service Manager at Kingsmen And Gracewards Limited
- Mobile App (HYB) Developer at Imagine Concepts Limited
- Sales Coordinators at Innovectives Limited - 5 Positions
- Devotional Portal Manager at YellowDot Africa