Mikado Nigeria Limited, the parent company of the Group has its origin in the 80's, was conceived by the entrepreneurial activities of the founder "Michael Ojeme". It was incorporated on the 3rd of November 1988, commenced business on the 1st of January 1989 and has embarked on a dynamic and diversified expansion programme since inception.
The Mikado Group has gone on to grow very successful business in sectors ranging from Electronic Security to Telecommunications, Traffic and Transportation Management, Events Management, VAS Development, fragrance and flavours distribution.
- Selling of all types of Security devices eg CCTV, Fire Alarm, Access Control etc .
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries;
- Acting as a contact between the company and its existing and potential markets;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Gathering market and customer information;
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers.
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy Company’s product.
- Advising on product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer.
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders.
- Checking the quantities of goods on display and in stock.
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system.
- Reviewing sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers businesses and requirements.
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc. from a good University.
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience in marketing/selling of Electronic Security devices eg CCTV, Fire Alarm, Access Control System etc.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
go to method of application »
- To carry out surveys, designs, installations, service and maintenance of projects within the area of the company’s core business(Electronic security and telecommunication systems).
- To liase with team personnel, subcontractors, sales team, support personnel and customers.
- To schedule maintenance and servicing of Electronic security and telecommunication systems.
- Design development, drafting technical proposal, developing estimates and negotiating with suppliers
- To coordinate activities by scheduling assignments, setting priorities, and supervising subordinates
- To evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed assignments, work techniques and work delivery.
- Development and Implementation of work methods and procedures
- Conducts a preliminary survey of proposed job sites to determine area conditions, materials and equipment required.
- To review daily activity reports from teams and make recommendations to correct irregularities.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan, specifications; calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements.
- Interpret clients' requirements
- Identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented
- Any other duty assigned.
- University Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or any other Engineering courses or its equivalent from a reputable university.
- 2-5 years experience in ICT sector.
- Relevant professional certifications is Compulsory
go to method of application »
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Reconcile simple bank statements or department records.
- Make and checks necessary calculations.
- Answer inquiries regarding work being performed.
- Prepare or check invoices, requisitions and other documents for processing and obtains approval when necessary.
- Compiles routine numerical information for report purposes by hand or on internal computer records.
- Perform clerical duties such as sorting mails, filing and typing, operates variety of general office equipment.
- Receive/make payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local Financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- University Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 1-3 Years experience in Accounting role.
go to method of application »
Purpose of Position
- This position plays a key role in the review and development of policies, implementation of internal controls in Mikado Nigeria Limited.
Key Functions of the Position
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual, audit plan, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs.
- Conduct risk assessment of departments/functional areas in accordance with timelines.
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify reportable issues
- To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Management
- Actively participates in the development of Internal Control policies ensuring that they are relevant to Mikado Business environment.
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with Mikado Policies.
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and Develop best practices.
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented; follow up on audit action plan to ensure that all action items are resolved before the next annual audit.
- Provide management with periodic reports on compliance with Mikado Standards.
- Provide training to staffs on Internal Controls
Key Qualifications and Skills Required
- Graduate degree in related field or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management.
- 3 years experience in international accounting or Business Management preferred
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting and internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and abilityto work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work interdependently within a team.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their CVs to email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.