The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) was established to distribute quality electric power to its customers, using modern technology and tools. The company desires to build a team of professionals who will manage its operations under global best practices.
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, (AEDC) the electric distribution company for the FCT, Niger, Kogi and Nassarawa States, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO): Reporting to the CEO and working as a key member of the leadership team.
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will provide support to the CEO and Executive Management Team (EMT) in setting and achieving the business and revenue targets of AEDC, actively participating in strategy and wider business development issues and seeking opportunities to maximize the potential of AEDC.
- The COO will also take a leadership role in building, implementing, and overseeing all of AEDC’s systems, processes, workflows, and procedures.
- The COO will play a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the organization.
- Lead the implementation and execution of AEDC’s strategic business plans.
- Oversee the implementation of change management processes based on organizational performance metrics established by the board.
- Manages all resources required for business, including technology and people.
- Drive forward new objectives and business programmes to ensure effective operation, management and control of defined areas of responsibility.
- Leads all tactical and strategic team meetings in conjunction with the CEO and alone in the CEO’s absence.
- Provide analytical support to the executive management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Facilitate and collaborate with the senior management team to plan, organize, and implement AEDC’s operational and administrative functions in accordance with standards set by the CEO.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives across the organisation to enhance current business performance, drive operational and business strategy and encompass new technology, services and markets.
- In collaboration with CEO, plan and coordinate financial and business planning, and execute the annual budget process as relevant to all operational and administrative aspects of the organization.
- Collaborate with the CEO and play a pivotal role in maintaining the already high standards of ethical management.
- Owns master project list and take the lead steering special projects and key initiatives,and assigns special projects as needed.
- Implement processes, infrastructure and effective management practices to enable and sustain our continual growth and expansion.
- Set annual goals and build an organizational structure that supports AEDC’s mission. Champion goal alignment across the organization.
- Identify organization’s key performance indicators (KPIs), develop project plans to achieve goals, and monitor organization’s performance.
- Engineer and implement improved operational systems AEDC-wide to ensure continuous improvement without killing innovation.
- First Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Engineering or Business Administration.
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of business principles, operations and management
- Knowledge of utility sector operations, the Nigerian power will be an added advantage
- Minimum 20 years work experience with at least 10 in a senior management role.
- Qualified or possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks financial management, marketing
- Able to see the big picture and plan out details
- Previous Operation Management experience
- Knowledge of financial and management accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of Electricity Distribution market
- The successful candidate will be able to influence at a senior management level.
- Ideally the candidate will have strong management experience and strong business acumen.
- This individual will be required to work well under pressure and be extremely organised.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of your email should be the position being applied for, e.g.: Chief Operating Officer (COO).
The cover letter should be addressed to:
The CEO/MD, Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,
1 Ziquinchor Street,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Executive Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.
Note: Only applications sent via the above email address will be treated.