Founded in 1982, Search for Common Ground (SFCG) works to transform the way the world deals with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative problem solving. We work with local partners to find culturally appropriate means to strengthen societies' capacity to deal with conflicts constructively: to understand the differences and act on the commonalities.
SFCG has been working in Nigeria since 2004, using innovative approaches to promote peacebuilding in areas of tension and to encourage understanding across ethnic, religious, and gender lines. In the Niger Delta, SFCG is implementing the European Union funded project: Tomorrow is a New Day II (TND II). The project focuses on; Supporting reintegration; and Facilitating reconciliation and healing within communities. Through community-level dialogue, and structures that encourage collaborative problem solving and inclusive decision making, TND II empowers both ex-militants and their entire communities to find stability and peace.
SFCG requires the service of a Media Consultant to assist in supervising the media and communications aspect of the Tomorrow is a New Day Project.
Purpose of the assignment and main tasks:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager of Tomorrow is a New Day, the consultant will perform the following functions:
· Supervise the Project’s Media Partner to implement Media Activities
· Coordinate the media documentation of the Project’s activities and experiences and contribute to the production of TND II quarterly Newsletter.
· Supervise and maintain the social media accounts of SFCG and TND II.
· Coordinate media conferences, press tours as well as the production of short videos for dissemination in order to share the experiences with other communities in the Niger Delta and throughout the country.
Required Skills and Experience
· Masters’ Degree in Communication Studies or a related field.
· At least 7 years of working with International organisations, government agencies or NGOs of which, five (5) years’ experience is on working on media and communications.
· Familiarity with Niger Delta terrain is required.
· Strong communication and inter-personal skills are necessary.
The total duration of the consultancy is for 30 working days.
Application Procedure: Applications should be addressed to ‘The Project Manager’, Search for Common Ground Nigeria and must contain:
· A cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your suitability for the role
· An updated resume, not more than 3 pages long outlining past experiences
All applications should be sent to Cemeh@sfcg.org. Deadline: Friday 12th February, 2016