If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Reporting to: GM Fabrication
- Manage all activities within the various Fabrication Departments to ensure compliance with applicable safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Work in conjunction with Project Management Teams and assist in the construction effort in applying the most cost effective build sequences and fabrication plans and enable the efficient and timely execution of those plans in accordance with Company/Client procedures, specifications and operating standards.
- Assist in formulating, managing and controlling the department budget.
- Deputy for GM Fabrication.
Key aims and objectives:
- Safety of all personnel.
- Provide support and leadership to the fabrication team.
- Ensure all fabrication work areas are being managed and operated in compliance with HSEQ manual, Project Specifications and all relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure personnel and fabrication equipment are available in accordance with project plans and schedules.
- Ensure all fabrication work areas are being managed in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Manage operating cost and implement effective cost reduction measures.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Forecast overall fabrication manpower requirements and ensure availability in coordination with HR and Training departments.
- Identify tools and equipment requirements across all projects and ensure availability from existing assets or through timely issue of purchase requisitions.
- Ensure all fabrication/construction departments have the required numbers and skills of labour necessary to meet project schedules.
- Allocation of labour, tools and equipment to Erection & Assembly areas in coordination with Construction Managers.
- Ensure effective detailed shop planning, work prioritisation and progress reporting is in place.
- Communicate upwards on issues that will seriously affect safety, quality, schedule, client relationship or company reputation.
- Monitor productivity, repair rates, schedules, work plans and other Key Performance Indicators and be pro-active in investigating the reasons for poor performance and implementing corrective measures.
- Ensure all fabrication equipment is being operated properly, by competent personnel and maintained in good working order.
- Ensure plant and equipment is being made available for scheduled inspection and maintenance.
- Investigate and follow up on non-conformances associated with fabrication operations.
- Ensure work areas are being maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Work with Shop Managers and Construction Managers on all projects to ensure the most efficient use of equipment across the facility.
- Give clear and concise direction and instructions to team members and follow up to ensure safe and timely execution.
- Participate in constructability reviews.
- Ensure good discipline is maintained.
- Hold members of the fabrication team accountable for work performance as per their roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate good planning and organisation in day to day activities.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Process within the Fabrication Department.
- Set professional standards of behaviour and lead by example.
- Other duties:
- Participate in the proposal phase for new work as required.
- Attend/chair meetings as required, on time and prepared.
- Manage leave rotations of key fabrication personnel to ensure business continuity.
- Ensure adequate assessment, training and mentoring of Nigerian national personnel in the fabrication department is being implemented.
- Listen to and evaluate any employee concerns.
- General Managers, Project Director/Managers, Construction Managers
- Rigging, Scaffolding, Coating Managers
- QA/QC Managers & HSE Managers
- HR and Training Department
- Project Controls Manager, Planning Manager
- Supply Chain Manager, Warehouse Manager
- Client’s representatives as required
- External auditors as required
- Minimum of 15-20 years experience of fabrication in the oil and gas construction (or other relevant) industry. At least 10-12 years at management level.
- Minimum qualification of HNC/HND in mechanical/production engineering or similar.
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding and show commitment to the importance of HSE and Quality in the activities within a fabrication facility.
- Ability to take responsibility and accountability for department performance and to drive success through good leadership.
- Ability to lead and manage a team and to mentor and train others.
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Lead Inspector - Coating
- All inspection activities on all projects and completion of all related documentation, reports etc.
- Assisting the LEAD INSPECTOR-COATING in the compilation of ITP’s and Painting procedures for all projects.
- Raising of Technical Queries for any required project specification challenges.
- The above statement includes the paint shops as well as the construction sites.
- Training of Nigerian QC Technicians in the correct use of Inspection Equipment, Storage and Maintenance.
- On the job training of all department painting staff regarding the practical application of their trade in terms of technical correctness.
Key aims and objectives:
- To be a dedicated and Flexible Team Player as part of a progressive unit.
- Ensure ND QMS and project Quality objectives are achieved.
- To share your knowledge with the Coating Department staff compliment, by carrying out training as part of the Department’s continuous improvement plan in its quest to become a world class applicator.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
To take full responsibility for all Coating Inspection activities on your allocated project(s).
Any other duties as from time to time deemed necessary, which are not necessarily part of your usual job description.
To assist in the completion of comprehensive weekly QA/QC progress and associated documentation with input information gathered from daily activities.
Key internal interfaces:
- ND QA/QC Department.
- ND Project QA/QC Managers.
- ND Coating Department personnel..
Well versed in your disciplines, honest and hardworking with the ability to motivate subordinates in their daily duties, as well as the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Punctuality is non-negotiable. A serious team player with a personality that can fit in and get along with peers of different cultures and from many different spheres of life.
Dedicated to on site, on the job supervision of Quality Control in addition to inspection requirements, not an office sitter.
5 Years experience working on projects of a similar nature as a NACE Level 3 inspector.
Method of Application
To apply, go to Jagal's career portal on HRSMART