New Job Position at African Development Bank (AfDB)
Posted on: 5 January, 2016
Deadline: 25 January, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at African Development Bank - AfDB
African Development Bank (AfDB) established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government, is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Position N°: 50062655
- The African Water Facility (AWF) is an initiative of the African Ministers’ Council on Water (AMCOW) and administered by the African Development Bank through its Water and Sanitation Department. Since its creation in 2005, AWF supports a wide range of African institutions to address the increasing investment need for the development and management of water resources in Africa, towards meeting the Africa Water Vision 2025 targets and the Millennium Development Goals.
- The Facility has realigned its strategic priorities for the period 2012-2016 to better support its clients and for achieving greater impact.
- The overarching strategic objective for the period is to leverage investments through three strategic priorities, namely preparing bankable projects and programs for effective and sustainable investments, and of small-scale strategic (innovative and catalytic) investments, enhancing water governance to create a more conducive environment for sustained and effective investments at national and regional levels.
- The Facility also aims at promoting water knowledge for strengthened water management at national, regional and transboundary levels and better informed project development and design.
- The AWF currently manages a €130 million project portfolio shared all over Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Coordinator of AWF and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent's role includes but not limited to the following:
- Lead the preparation of the Facility’s policy and strategy documents and manual of operations;
- Monitor continuously the utilization of the policy and strategic documents and bring up proposals for redressing the short comings;
- Contribute to the preparation of the AWF Annual Report and the yearly Work Plan and Budget documents as well their processing for Board Approval;
- Review project appraisals and other operational documents and contribute to all aspects that has bearing on local, national or regional water policy and strategy development;
- Task manage selected projects as assigned by the Coordinator from identification to completion and closure;
- Attend relevant board meetings with the Coordinator.
- Carry out such other tasks as may be agreed with the Coordinator.
- Lead field trips to countries to assess potential AWF support in the development of overall national/regional policy and regulatory framework that will create the enabling environment for accelerated water sector investments and management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of Master's degree in water resources management or in a related area of specialization such as civil engineering, agricultural engineering, water resources economics;
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience with proven track record in water policy and strategy formulation, regulatory framework, institutional development, programme/project development and management;
- Demonstrable sound knowledge of the state of the art of current areas of focus of the water and sanitation sector in Africa, including the trends and strategic directions adopted by sector stakeholders. Specific knowledge in contemporary water sector themes is essential, such as climate change, Private Public Partnership, green development; integrated urban water management, urban sanitation business models, water-food-energy nexus, motoring and evaluation, sector governance, and interventions in fragile states.
- Demonstrable broad knowledge of overall developmental challenges of the African region with special attention to infrastructure development and regional integration issues and programs is an advantage;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. Working knowledge of the second language will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit AfDB's Career Website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about African Development Bank - AfDBSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at XpatFunds
- Career Opportunities at Meristem Securities
- Client Relations Officer at Heirs Holdings
- Entry-Level Sales Executives at Workforce Group
- Job Opportunities at a Leading Commercial Bank - Michael Stevens Consulting
- Fresh Recruitment at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Latest Job Opening at Appzone Limited
- 2017 Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Fidelity Bank Plc