- Prepare an annual audit plan (risk based) and identify priorities and resources required to execute the plan.
- Perform risk assessment to the business and its subsidiaries.
- Set the scope of audit and set audit strategy and techniques.
- Review financial reports submitted by the subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly internal audit reports to the management and auditee management.
- Coordinate with external auditors in respect of audit, and follow up on external auditors’ recommendations and their implementation in the subsidiary.
- Conduct follow up review for internal controls to make sure that the agreed action plan had been implemented properly.
- Revise the audit charter to meet the objective of the audit department.
- Ensure that suitable qualified; experienced people are employed for the audit department and provide audit team with appropriate training.
- Perform and complete special assignments, investigations when given by management or the chairman.
- Internal auditing has no direct operational responsibility or authority over any of the activities audited.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 8 years experience of Internal Audit.
- University degree plus qualifications as CIA/CISA
- Relevant experience in both a big four audit firm as well as in a comparable position with an EPC related business
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills