The University of Jos, a comprehensive public institution which started as the Jos Campus of the University of Ibadan in 1971 became a full-fledged University in 1975. The University which is situated in Jos, capital of Plateau State, a city of serene environment near temperate climate in Nigeria is very conducive for learning and research.
The Post of Registrar of the University of Jos, Nigeria will become vacant on June 24, 2016. In accordance with the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Act, 2012 which amended the Universities Miscellaneous Provision Act No. 11 of 1993 as amended by Act No. 25 of 1996, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of:
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day general administration of the University.
- The Registrar by virtue of his office is Secretary to Council, Senate, Convocation and Congregation.
- The Registrar is, therefore, expected to give positive leadership in the administration of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours degrees from a recognized University or its equivalent, and at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, substantial part of which must have been in a University or other comparable institution(s) of higher learning.
- The candidate must be serving Officer not below the rank of Deputy Registrar.
- Possession of relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualifications in institutional management or other related disciplines will be an added advantage.
go to method of application »
- The post of the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Jos, Nigeria wiA become vacant on June 23, 2016. In accordance with the provisions of section 4 of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003, the Governing Council of the University of Jos wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor for the University.
The Position the Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the Institution, an Ex-Officio Chairman of the Senate and Member of the University Governing Council.
- He shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall have general responsibility to Council for maintaining and promoting efficiency and order in the University.
- It shall bethe duty of the Vice-Chancellorto ensure that the provisions of the Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations of the University are upheld.
- He shall also exercise such powers as may be expedient Within the law.
The Candidate for the post of the Vice-Chancellor of the University must possess a good University Education from a recognized University and should be of impeccable integrity, a good manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the Candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished Scholar of the rank of Professor of not less than five(5) years' experience as professor and not less than 50 years of age;
- He should have had a wide administrative and managerial experience and be capable of giving dynamic leadership to the University;
- Be one with high scholastic and academic credentials who must have outstanding accomplishments in academic and public life.
- He must also have a subsisting teaching and research position in a university;
- Command both national and international respect;
- Be a person who will not foster any personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interests;
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract funds and endowment and to mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
- Be free from any form of financial encumbrances;
- Be of good physical and mental health;
- Be not more than sixty five (65) years of age on the 23rd June, 2016.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of the Vice-Chancellor in all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined by the Government/Goveming Council of the University as appropriate.
Method of Application
- Each application should be made in thirty (30) copiesand be accompanied by thirty (30) copies of the candidate’s curriculum vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae must contain details of the candidate’s names in full, age, nationality, marital status, educational attainment, professional and academic achievements.
- Each application should indude the names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each Referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee's Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Each application must also be accompanied by thirty (30) copies of statement of the candidate's vision for the development of the University.
- In the case of the candidates identified by the Search Team, the application shall conform with the requirements above, and in addition, the candidates shall present letters of consent duly signed by them along with their applications.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are required to send 20 copies of type written applications together with 20 copies of up-to-date curriculum vitae to:
University of Jos,
Jos - Nigeria
Applicants should send the names of three (3) referees, at least two of whom must be in a position to attest to their professional/academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send the confidential reports direct to the above address.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.