If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 550 million transactions daily across the retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
Nigeria Basic Responsibilities include:
- Processes and/or oversees the processing of financial/business forms.
- Checks, corrects and maintains a variety of financial and other business records and documents.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to management on revenue expectation and projections
- Prepares or assists in preparing various financial or administrative reports.
- Relates with vendors to meet customer’s expectation; processes requisitions for supplies.
- Prepare various payrolls.
- Initiate new procedures in accounting /business systems.
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
- Coordination of new employee on-boarding and employee exiting processes (ordering equipment, collecting equipment, setting up employee IDs, etc.)
- Displays understanding of the business as a whole, as well as the functional organization's priorities to ensure projects and tasks are proactively being managed
- provide support and direction to other clerical and administrative support staff
- May lead/administer projects or programs
- Follow up receivables and maintain business relationships with customer’s process owners.
- Collate and analysis documents required for payment processing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience/proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Oracle AP systems
- Familiarity using database and reporting tools, e.g. Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and processes specific to the business operations (travel, expense, Accounts payable, P&L, and purchase orders) Strong organizational & prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform duties with accuracy, quality, and integrity
- A record of demonstrated performance excellence
- Ability to discern confidentiality of information and handle appropriately Flexibility, tolerance for ambiguity, and an ability to be responsive to and/or perform under pressure and within defined deadlines with minimal supervision Detail-oriented, creative and proactive with a strong sense of urgency; Constantly takes the initiative to achieve and/or surpass the responsibilities of this position
go to method of application »
The Financial Controller will be responsible for leading the effective daily operation of the company’s Accounting Department and ensuring the integrity of NCR’s financial results through the application of strong internal controls. The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility to abide to the local statutory requirements while ensuring compliance with NCR’s Corporate Financial and Management policies.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
The Accounting Manager responsibilities are varied in nature. They include (but are not limited to):
- Comply with Global Controllership processes, policies and procedures
- Ensure the completeness and timeliness of both Local & Corporate financial reporting
- Ensure an effective internal control environment is maintained at all times
- Manage/Lead a team of people in the accounting department
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all local statutory and Corporate policies, regulations and laws
- Support the audit groups during internal or external audits
- Implementation and closure of related audit recommendations
- Support the Business Units Managers and all other associates for the smooth operation of the company.
In The Support To Both The Country’s Statutory Manager (in Nigeria) & The Area Financial Shared Service Director (in Cyprus) The Financial Controller Has Ownership And Responsibility For The Following (but Not Limited To) Specific Tasks
- Review and approve monthly Account Reconciliations and timely resolution of reconciling items
- Report to country/area management any qualifying risk items
- Ensuring the timely recording & posting of journal entries and the existence of relevant documentation
- Verifying signature authorizations on purchase orders, sales contracts, checks etc.
- Safeguarding company sensitive information/assets from unauthorized users.
- Assist the local management decision taking with providing data analyses and reports
- Assist Auditors and tax authorities with any required analyses / documentation.
- Participate in Fixed Asset and Inventory physical stock taking Other Qualities
- Must be proactive, highly energized and able to adapt to changing technology environment at short notice.
Middle East and Africa (MEA)-Nigeria-Nigeria-Lagos
Nov 5, 2015, 12:00:00 AM
- University Degree, Accounting or Member of any Professional Accounting Association (CPA or ACCA)
- 5+ years of Accounting Management experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Nigeria Tax Legislation, other local statutory requirements and business practices
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to manage a Team of people & apply excellent leadership qualities. Previous people management experience is required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with a large automated accounting systems (Oracle, SEN, etc.) is preferable although not essential
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office Programs (Excel Word PowerPoint MS Outlook etc)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit NCR Corporation on Taleo