New Job Position at Mercy Corps International
Posted on: 10 September, 2015
Deadline: 15 September, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on women’s empowerment, economic development and conflict mitigation. With the insurgency spilling over from the north east of Nigeria and causing displacement of over a million individual, Mercy Corps is addressing the rising humanitarian needs among displaced households and vulnerable host communities through program interventions in the Northeast. With current funding from OFDA, FFP, CERF and ECHO and ongoing opportunities from other donors, all Mercy Corps interventions in the Northeast are implemented with plans for scale-up.
The current funding opportunity’s goal in Adamawa is to provide a package of relief interventions designed to help conflict affected communities in central Adamawa meet their basic needs in livelihoods restoration, water and sanitation and protection. Expansion into other affected states is also planned for the humanitarian response team.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
General Position Summary
- The procurement and logistics officer will be responsible for facilitating and executing different aspects of procurement, logistics and administration.
- S/he will work extensively with other departments to ensure that all program activities are implemented successfully and timely.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates daily Mercy Corps procurement activities with respect to internal procedures.
- Possesses a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats.
- Provides training to new staff on these policies and provides refresher trainings.
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation.
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for requests as per Mercy Corps standard policies.
- Ensures that required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed.
- Maintains and updates procurement files
- Assists with payment requests and follows up with status.
Logistics and Assets:
- Assists with asset management. Identifies assets procured and notifies controller.
- Participates in regular assets inventory and checks
- Ensures all assets are maintained and in good condition,
- Oversees the vehicle management plan.
- Ensures all Mercy Corps vehicles are maintained and fully operational at all times
- Maintains vehicle documentation including log sheets, repair logs and schedules
- Oversees motor vehicles and generator fuel consumption
- Oversees operation of generator and inverter as well as monitors the servicing schedule.
- Liaises with country office on renewal of office rental agreement.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate filing systems for office correspondence.
- Ensures that the office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, cleaning, receptionist duties and general contact and liaison with outside agencies.
- Ensures office has sufficient office supplies.
- Coordinates any other necessary administrative and office management details.
- Makes all necessary travel and lodging arrangements for visitors.
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/S in relevant field required
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in operations (logistics or procurement), preferably within an NGO, international business or related field.
- Strong organization skills.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action to avoid delays in program implementation.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Strong computer skills on MS office programs
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgement.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage residents in Adamawa and surroundings to apply for this position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mercy CorpsSimilar Jobs
- Executive Assistant to the Country Director/Board Liaison Advisor at ActionAid Nigeria
- Latest Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Loan Officer at Midas Touch Empowerment Initiative
- STRESS Assessment Intern at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Office Assistant at Save the Children Nigeria
- GBV Case Worker at International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Latest Vacancies at Palladium Group
- Outreach Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)