The State Partnership for Accountability, Responsiveness and Capability (SPARC) is a governance programme of the Department for International Development (DFID) in Nigeria. SPARC commenced in 2008 and runs to April 2016. Its overall purpose is to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of selected state level governments' use of public resources, and it focuses on public financial management, public service rnanaqement, policy and strategy and monitoring and evaluation. For more information about SPARC, please visit www.sparc-nigeria.com
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support in documenting and synthesizing learning by taking information from state offices, technical staff and translating them into briefs, success stories and other communication pieces;
- Support creation of templates and knowledge sharing activities/channels related to programme activities and contribute to the development of outlines, writing, and layout designs;
- Assist in the preparation, writing and editing of communication materials, including but not limited to biweekly updates, quarterly reports, annual reports and work plans.
- Maintain SPARC online media presence (website, Facebook page, YouTube, flickr);
- Other communications and knowledge management tasks, as necessary.
Specifically, the Specialist will be required to do the following tasks:
- Managing relationships
- Support KM team in liaising with designers and printers of SPARC leaflets and booklets and ensure only quality products are accepted;
- Contribute to the production of SPARC's publicity material, documentation, video and audio and ensure quality assurance standards are adhered to;
- Represent the Programme by attendance at key events;
- Make useful contacts and explore networking opportunities for the benefit of the programme.
- Collect information about the Nigerian governance sector relevant to SPARC - from the media (newspapers, radio and television) and direct from other agencies involved in this sector and circulate to Senior Management
- and State Offices and maintain news archive of the above news stories;
- Assist in the implementation of KM Exit/Transfer Strategy;
- Provide communication and marketing support to SPARC's ASK Desk;
- Contribute to development of new communication tools for use across the programme;
- Advise and support State Offices with planning of, and technical inputs to, any communications activities at state level;
- Maintain a distribution list for all SPARe's knowledge products.
- Quality assurance
- Assist the Knowledge Management Team to ensure submission of reports is in accordance with Programme formats and templates.
Required Minimum Qualification
A bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, public administration, international relations, or the social sciences, plus five (5) years of work experience in communications, marketing, knowledge management or governance is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Professional judgment, demonstrated through a work and education history that supports the ability to multi-task and meet demanding assignments under tight deadlines;
- Provide needed advice to colleagues and monitor the progress of DFID-funded activities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as wen as demonstrated high-quality writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- High comfort level with writing reports, analyzing and summarizing data from diverse sources.
Method of Application
The ideal candidate will be keen to learn and innovate and must be computer literate and familiar with the most popular types of social media. If you believe you have both the skills and experience required to enhance our current offering please email/send your CV along with a cover letter and 5 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Sunday 13th September 2015 quoting ref: application for Communications Specialist. Interviews will be held shortly afterward and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale