FHI is a public health and development organization working to improve the lives of the world's most vulnerable people. Our 2,500 staff work in 55 countries conducting research and implementing programs that advance public health and build local capacity to address development problems. Since 1971, FHI has been a global leader in family planning and reproductive health and, since 1986, in the worldwide response to HIV / AIDS. Our research and programs address malaria, tuberculosis, and other infectious and chronic diseases. Our partners include US and international agencies, governments, foundations, research institutions, and individual donors.
With funding from the United States aid programs/ the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM), as well as private foundations and corporations/ FHI Nigeria is currently engaged in providing public health services and undertaking research in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis/ malaria/ and reproductive health in partnership with the Government of Nigeria. To strengthen our operations, we seek qualified Nigerian candidates for the following positions:
Zonal Manager (Program Management Department)
The Zonal Manager is part of the senior management team of FHI Nigeria in a decentralized country management structure, and forms part of the strategic team that directs the operations of FHI Nigeria overall. S/he will provide support to and coordination of the work of the FHI Nigeria field office.
1. Lead program planning, design, review and the monitoring of the programs implemented at the field level;
2. Work with the directors to establish a program management capacity development plan to provide assistance to the field office in program planning, design, review, and monitoring of program progress;
3. Provide overall supervision for all FHI Nigeria field office staff;
4. Be responsible for the overall management and coordination of FHI Nigeria activities in the zone
5. Serve as the point of contact of FHI Nigeria with government officials, coordinate and collaborate with all public sector and NGO partners in the zone
6. With the assistance of the country office M&E staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet administrative, financial, and programmatic goals;
7. With technical assistance from country office staff, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all local FHI Nigeria partners in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
8. Coordinate all capacity building activities for FHI Nigeria partners at the field level;
9. Review programmatic and financial reports submitted by all collaborating partners at the field office level and forward same to the country office;
10. Prepare monthly status reports on the programmatic and fiscal progress of all projects and other relevant activities within the zone and forward same to the country office;
11. Undertake regular monitoring visits to project sites as necessary;
12. Assist in the coordination of IEC materials development and production for implementing agencies (IAs) in the zone;
13. Collaborate with other United States implementing partners (USIPs) based in the zone to coordinate project activities; and
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party (Management) and the Country Director.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
• Masters degree in public health, sciences or behavioral sciences, with at least 8 - 10 years work experience in managing programs at the community level; a Bachelor's degree with additional experience will be considered;
• At least 5 years' experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation at the community level, working with public and NGO sectors;
Laboratory Officer (Laboratory Department)
1. Liaise with the Senior Laboratory Advisor and the Country Office Laboratory Technical Officers to provide technical support to implement high quality laboratory services in the GHAIN project within the zone;
2. Coordinate the day-to-day operations of all laboratory services at the state level;
3. Coordinate laboratory support services for counseling and testing, HIV clinical care, including the management of opportunistic infections (Ols), and the management of ART and PMTCT at the state level;
4. Coordinate the setting up of ART laboratory service at the state facility level;
5. Coordinate inventory management and stock taking system of the GHAIN laboratory services in the state; and
6. Represent FHl/GHAIN on issues of laboratory management of HIV/ AIDS at the state level.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
• B. Sc. and AMLSCN, B. MLS or AMLSCN and FMLSCN,
• A minimum of 5 years post-national youth service experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in the provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS;
• A sound understanding of HIV/AIDS technical areas
• Familiarity with the Nigerian public sector health system as well as NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable;
Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Method of application:
Forward a suitability statement and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document within 10 days of this publication to:
PMjobs@ghain.org for Program Management Department vacancy Labservicesjobs@ghain.org for Laboratory Department vacancy. Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered, and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do NOT send more than one application. Failure to follow the underlined instructions above will lead to automatic disqualification.