Career Opportunities at Spectranet Limited
Posted on: 25 August, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Spectranet
Spectranet was awarded a License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2009 with the aim of promoting Internet Services in Nigeria. Over the last year Spectranet has assessed and evaluated different technologies and mediums which would facilitate in providing the best data services best suited for Nigeria.
Headquartered in Lagos with Management Consultancy and Technical Collaboration with the Infrastructure Development Company Group based at Singapore, Spectranet aims to be a leader in the Internet Services space in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Description Summary
- Microwave communication knowledge
- Responsible for the installation of radio equipment's on tower structure
- Work with customer’s representative at the customer location to ensure deployment tasks are completed within the timeframe provided.
- Ensure physical delivery of the service implementation in accordance to the Service Design requirement.
- Ensure installation, maintenance and troubleshooting are carried out within agreed SLA.
- Responsible for testing and ensuring that signal strength, signal to noise ratio and any other parameters are in accordance to Spectranet approved standard.
- Experience in LAN, WAN, WLAN, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Site Survey
- Responsible for carrying out detailed Site Survey while ensuring proper documentation is maintained.
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and inform Team Lead on recommended solutions.
- Responsible for conducting scheduled preventive/corrective maintenance exercises.
- Maintaining adequate tools and other resources for quick Troubleshooting and fixing of customers premises equipment problems.
- Responsible for Installing and Configuring of all installation equipment (Configuration items)
- Providing innovative on Deployment and Maintenance issues.
- Maintain good customer relationship.
- Strict Compliance to Quality Management System and Safety Procedures.
- Conforms to policies, procedures and Process on Service Deployment.
- Applying Quality Assurance methods to ensure that all Services Deployed are accurate and error free.
- B.Sc/HND or BENG in any Computer related courses.
- Certifications in IT Course would be of advantage.
- Minimum of two years' work experience in similar capacity in related Industry.
go to method of application »
- The IT Department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users.
- The department is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
- The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and
- support to the IT Manager.
- The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Laptop
- Desktop operating systems, and Avaya plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager whereever necessary.
- Responsible for managing backups.
- Diagnosis and resolution of technical issues.
- Handling small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager.
- Provide desktop and server support.
- Support and maintain Desktops and MS Outlook.
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops.
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops.
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops.
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops.
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops.
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops where necessary.
- Patching of network.
- Crimping of network cables.
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained.
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software.
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained.
- Mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes.
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements.
- Providing support for MAC and PC.
- IP Phone Experience . E.g Avaya.
- Professional Exam: Certifications like MCP, MSCA, MSCE or CCNA added advantage.
- Experience : 2 years plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their resumes to: email@example.com with the position name as the subject.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SpectranetSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancy at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria
- Call Center Officer at Seedstars
- Job Opportunity at Aptech Computer Education
- Fresh Job Opportunities at MainOne
- Job Vacancies at IPT Power Tech
- Logistics Coordinator at a Communications Technology Company - Universal Careers
- Job Vacancies at a Mobile Telecommunications Industry - Peoplesource Consulting
- 2017 Hotels.ng Software Developers Internship Programme