The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
The Partnership for Transforming Health Services, Phase 2 (PATHS 2), a DFID-funded programme in Nigeria, aims to improve the planning, financing and delivery of sustainable and replicable pro-poor health services for common health problems, focusing on six states and the federal government. The Office Assistant, under the direction of the Deputy Operations Manager, provides a variety of administrative and logistical support for the PATHS2 Office in Abuja.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Performing routine maintenance chores around the office.
- Checking and replenishing stock in supply cupboards, bathrooms and kitchen on a daily basis and informing the Administrative/Logistics Assistant of purchasing requirements.
- Providing beverage service (tea, coffee, water) for guests and staff.
- Serving as the initial point of contact for the PATHS2 program administrative and logistical operations in Abuja.
- Acting as the Receptionist, meeting greeting, and guiding clients and cvisitors to the office.
- Answers and transfers telephone calls to the office.
- Performing general clerical duties, such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing systems for the office.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Secondary School completion (minimum), or a Bachelors Degree (desirable).
- 2 years experience in office assistance or other relevant work.
- Ability to communicate in English, is desirable.
- Proficient in the use and application of Microsoft office and telephone protocol.
- Ability and willingness to learn and advance on the job.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in the diverse socio-economic and cultural setting of Abuja.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to travel at short notice up to 25% of the time locally within and outside of Abuja State.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.