Job Vacancy at The International Health Division via ABT Associates
Posted on: 13 July, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at ABT Associates
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
- Maintaining approved systems of accountability by ensuring compliance with all Abt Associates Nigeria/PATHS2 operational procedures and policies. Supervising the Accountant, Administrative Officers, Front Desk Officer, and any other support staff as deemed necessary in the PATHS2 Lagos State field office.
- Leading the financial management of the state office (including maintenance of interest account, accounts payable, checking accounts, travel expenses, consultant and other contracts, and payments for various transactions).
- Developing monthly financial reports and statements, and maintaining all financial records, including reconciling bank accounts/ statements operated at the state level.
- Liaising between the State and PATHS2 National Country Office to ensure that adequate funds are available for the smooth running of the office and the programs activities at the state level.
- Preparing activity budgets, annual budgets, cash flow and budget monitoring records, in collaboration with relevant technical staff.
- Providing periodic on-the-job training to all administrative and finance officers, as required.
- Conducting frequent audits and checks on procurement, store, vehicle management and other internal systems, and reporting their status to the State Program Manager on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that the approved estimates or expenditure on budget items are as much as possible not exceeded, but controlled at all times. Coordinating all travel arrangements and other logistics needs for PATHS2 state level/HQ staff, consultants and visitors
- Assisting the SPM to ensure the recruitment and availability of the necessary human resources in the Lagos field office at all times.
- Revising on an on-going basis the personnel and human resource development policies; and ensuring that all state level staff have access to, are knowledgeable of, and follow such policies.
- Managing the routine personnel performance review process, using the regular staff appraisal format.
- Providing staff with relevant opportunities for professional development that are in line with the functions of their jobs.
- Maintaining meticulous and up-to-date personnel records of individual staff, including leaves, assessments, salaries, and contracts.
- Ensuring that all new staff are adequately inducted and oriented about Abt Associates Nigeria/PATHS2 personnel policies and procedures, emphasizing on their rights and responsibilities.
- A Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (desirable), in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant administrative field preferred
- 6 years experience in financial, administrative, and human resources management, preferably in a health-related project funded by an international NGO, DFID or USAID.
- Good financial management and administration skills; and experienced in designing financial policies and procedures.
- Experience in contracts and grants management in line with organization's personnel policy and Nigerian labor laws.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational, administrative, and coordination capabilities.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in the diverse socio-economic and complex settings of Lagos State.
- Excellent communication skills in English and the local dialect.
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time within and outside of Lagos State at short notice
Minimum Qualifications (6+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ABT AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Ambulance Driver at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Driver at Hesspharm Limited
- Medical Laboratory Technicians at Tabitha Medical Center
- Fresh Jobs at Lafenwa Osiberu & Co.
- Nursing Officer/ Midwife at Newgate Medical Service Limited
- Locum Physiotherapist at PhysioconnectNG
- Registered Nurse at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Branch Supervisors at iFitness Center Ltd