Join our client, a successful microfinance bank in Nigeria, as Head of Risk and Compliance. You will be reporting directly to the Board Risk Management Committee, and will be responsible to implement and enforce a robust enterprise-wide risk management framework and requisite systems including policies, processes and tools. The risk framework should include Strategic risk, Operational risk, Market risk, Liquidity risk, Credit risk and Compliance risk, specially Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism legislation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminate appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in business products, change in clients, markets/industry, laws and regulations
- Oversee and enforce risk management policies, including Credit Manual, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Manual and Policy, and monitor compliance with policies.
- Manage a comprehensive AML Compliance program for the company in line with local regulations and internal policy requirements; report quarterly to Board Audit Committee on AML
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of direct reports, by being the champion of risk management and improve management team understanding of key risk identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting and mitigation
Internal Controls Activities
Conduct analysis of operations of the company to identify risks and violation from set policies and standards and make recommendations for preventive actions such as:
- Portfolio behaviour
- Systems of red flags
- Exceptional transaction reports
- Personnel rotations, etc.
- Management of Methodology Function
- Ensure timely update of subsidiary internal regulations, manuals, instruction memos, etc.
- Manage evaluation process of all subsidiary manuals annually to ensure completeness, accuracy and efficiency;
Manage Performance and Control of Internal Polices
- Develop and implement semi-annual control work plan in collaboration with Africa Regional Internal Controls Manager;
- Develop and manage evaluation and reporting process for Internal Control & Risk Officers;
- Manage timely control activities for the Department based on the approved work plan and requests from subsidiary management board;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Nigerian National, willingness to work in Owerri IMO State
- 5 years’ working experience in internal control, audit, or risk management, preferably in financial services industry/sector
- Experience with AML-CFT Compliance in regulated financial institution
- 3 years’ experience in management/leadership role
- Policy development and implementation experience preferred
- Relevant professional qualifications in local market
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Credit or Finance or relevant certifications
- Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English
- High proficiency in use of computerized applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Visio.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.