Our client is a leader in the children's fashion industry in West Africa.
Main Purpose of Position
The role of a web developer is to bring about innovative design and layout, build, create and maintain websites and web application to meet client’s needs as well as keep the site up to date. They are also responsible for using software languages and other tools to create web application.
• Assist in gathering requirements and project specifications;
• Take ownership of daily project needs and communications;
• Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication;
• Perform routine site maintenance as needed;
• Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and clients;
• Updating of website and solving code problems;
• Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces;
• Develop external web portals and build applications and services for the website;
• Create intranets and pages that appeal to the tastes of the site’s users;
• Use web development software to integrate databases and other information systems;
• Add HTML extensions such as animations and surveys as well as content;
• Create and maintain software documentation.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Minimum of B.Sc/HND in computer science and I.T related courses;
• Other professional qualification will be an added advantage;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a cognate organization.
Knowledge and Competence:
• Our web developers are capable of full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming and NET development;
• Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation process.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent web and data base programming skill;
• A good appreciation of design, usability and interactivity;
• Excellent problem solving skills and understanding of the web development standards;
• A commitment to keep up to date with technology;
• Ability to work under pressure and with a team;
• Good communication, technical and analytical skill;
• Keen attention to detail;
• Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving competitive environment;
• Design, create and program SQL Server databases per project needs;
• Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets;
• A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures;
• Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our website;
• Hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytic tools.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.