If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ARFH is one of the leading indigenous non-profit organisations in Nigeria committed improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities by promoting access to quality health care and harnessing community capacities for sustainable development.
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a national, non-governmental organization established in 1989 and registered in 1991. The organization has her headquarters in Ibadan and 3 other offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Katsina. Our mission is to initiate promote and implement in partnership with other organizations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, SRH and family planning program and interventions for young people and adult through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa. These programmes focus on mobilizing people for behavioural and attitudinal changes that promote best sexual and reproductive health practices in order to reduce diseases burden particularly STI, HIV & AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis which are currently devastating families and communities globally and Nigeria in particular.
(Reports directly to the President/CEO)
- Support and partner with the President/CEO and Board members to meet organisational vision and mission.
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and management that assure programmatic excellence and integrates all aspects of programmatic activities to include advocacy, communication, finance, fundraising,
- management, monitoring and evaluation and technology.
- Provide leadership for effective communication, collaboration, cooperation and cohesion between and among programmes, including prioritisation of programming that may be competing for limited resources.
- Provide effective and clear direction ensuring advocacy and programmatic objectives are met and aligned with the mission ofARFH.
- Increase capacity to generate arid diversify revenue and fundraising to support and maintain existing programs.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of proposals in line with organisational strategic plan.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors, foundations and the private sector
- Ensure accountability and good stewardship with allocation and use of funds.
- Assures work quality and organisational stability through development and implementation of standards, controls, systems and procedures and regular evaluation
- Assures a work environment that recruits, natures, retain and support quality and well-disciplined staff
- Assures process for selecting, developing, motivating and evaluating staff for efficient performance
- Facilitates the integration of the organisation into the fabric of the society by ensuring the use of effective marketing and communications activities.
- Act as advocate within the public and private 'sector for issues relevant to ARFH programs.
- A degree in Medicine, Nursing/midwifery or social sciences with Masters in Public Health. A PhD will be an added advantage
- Superior ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing, ability to speak French will be an added advantage.
- 15-20 years working experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights, HlV; AIDS, TB and Malaria ..
- Proven track record of managing for success, ability to initiate and generate fundable proposals. .
- Examples ofhaving expanded and cultivateddonorrelationship overtime.
- Strong organizational and management skills with exceptional attributes to detect
- Comprehensive knowledge of donor funded programs, regulations and requirements.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter (in one Word Document only) explaining suitability for the job on/or before 30th of June, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, applicants are advised to provide their functional email and mobile phone numbers on their application, as well as professional referees. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply as ARFH is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).