Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for a Procurement and Logistics Officer for our Nigeria Country Office. The position will be located in Enugu State
The Procurement & Logistics Officer (P&LO) is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all Women for Women International –Nigeria procurement and logistics in accordance with organizational guidelines and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensure that all Procurement complies with WfWI policy, guidelines and procedures, and specific donor requirements as applicable.
2. Following approved Purchase Requisitions, prepare Request for Quotations, Public Tender Dossier (for high value orders), Comparative Bid Analysis, Purchase Order, etc.
3. Work closely with the program staff in Nigeria to develop and implement quarterly procurement plans, in accordance with project activity plans, timelines based on annual budgets.
4. Conduct regular market surveys on prices and responsible for ensuring that Women for Women International is getting ‘value for money’ in all its purchases /services.
5. Participate in budget development to ensure coherence and accuracy in projecting the estimated prices and volume of required supplies and materials.
Asset & Stock Management
1. Develop and oversee a centralized Asset Register for WfWI-Nigeria to ensure timely and accurate information on all assets at all times, including assignment of asset numbers to new items upon purchase, tracking the movement/assignment of items, condition of assets, disposal of assets, etc.
2. In coordination with WfWI Headquarters, oversee the timely and accurate insurance of all assets and property, through management of annual insurance contracts.
3. Ensure that disposal of obsolete or damaged assets is properly approved and documented, and that any donation, destruction, or sale of assets is conducted according to WfWI policy guidelines and donor requirements, as applicable.
4. Responsible for the stock management of program supplies and equipment with an efficient tracking system to record goods in/out of stock.
1. Manage the WfWI Nigeria fleet of vehicles ensuring timely renewal of all required registration, licensing and insurance of vehicles.
2. Oversee the rental of vehicles when necessary and according to established procurement and contracting procedures.
3. Conduct monthly verification of Vehicle Mileage Logsheet and Fuel Consumption Analysis. Oversee any country office vehicle repair and maintenance
1. Support the development, implementation and maintenance of a Security Management and Contingency Plan for the WfWI Nigeria country office, working closely with the Country Director. Ensure that this plan is integrated and adapted appropriately and linked operationally to training sites.
2. Ensure the safety and security of WfWI Nigeria offices assets and property
3. Serve as Security Focal Point for the Nigeria office and maintain close contact with WfWI security focal points in field offices to monitor the security situation and provide security updates to management, as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
All interested candidates should submit a CV not more than 4 pages with cover letter as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state (Procurement and Logistic Officer) in the Subject line. Application deadline: May 15th, 2015. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.