Leads and facilitates the organizational unit, with the full responsibility of all personnel management aspects. Ensures operational efficiency and right focus by connecting business issues and organizations operating procedures. Drives customer satisfaction proactively in own area.
Main Responsibility Area
Responsible for implementing the strategy for the site/technology/functional area. Has final planning responsibility for the own area. Has individual responsibility for goal setting, operations, resourcing, results and competence development of the site/technology/functional area as a whole. Decides upon compensation and benefits within budget limits. Ensures that the line organization and the various projects work in harmony with each other. Main responsibility for customer satisfaction in site/technology/functional area.
Overall responsible for Core Network support and optimization (include MPBN, PaCo, RNC and BSC handling), including Routines, Optimization of network resources to maximize efficiency, Network OPEX plan efficiency to support Airtel.
Will work with all organizational levels, develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project cycle. Will oversee the compilation and analysis of project activity and deliver statistical data/reports on a project’s feasibility and progress.
Makes recommendations for the most efficient use of network equipment and systems and keeps informed of the most current technologies. Directs the work efforts of managers and supervisors. Is responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews.
Level of Impact:
Provides consultative direction for the team towards predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Reviews assignments and determines course of action to be pursued to obtain necessary results.
Important contributor to development of overall goals and objectives of the company. Erroneous decision or recommendation would normally result in critical delays and modification of projects or operations, cause substantial expenditure of additional time and resources.
Important contributor to reduce OPEX and optimize
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
Assures integrity of network performance by developing and implementing policies and standards to achieve KPI’s.
Performs analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, installation and ongoing administration of the network systems and services:
• Supervises the monitoring, tracking, analysis and reporting of network utilisation/allocation of all network components
• Interacts with departments to determine network capacity needs
• Keeps general management level/management informed of all issues affecting technical operations
• Information database & records, Audit follow-up and closure,
• Trouble ticket escalations
• Network faults and service management & reporting
Plans and directs the installation network equipment and systems:
• Ensures the insertion of new network elements into the network in a controlled and phased manner
• Leads multiple projects; plans efficiently, budget appropriately
• Communicates status of projects to general management level/senior management
Manages all Equipments maintenance support contracts/SLA with vendors
Other duties include
• Make a statistical impact in enhancing operational efficiencies.
• 2nd Line troubleshooting of escalated Core , BSS, Data/Support Systems, network issues
• Project implementations on the Core, BSS, Data/Support Systems,
• Interact with managers within Network, customer service and other key departments.
• Perform and conduct process evaluation, redesign and suggest implementation changes which will be presented to the operations management team.
• Provide main input in the overall design, determining the methodologies and best practices that will drive Network
• Work with other managers in validation for Core Network related designs greater efficiencies and lower operational costs.
• Manage the organization quality process to ensure that new projects and tasks are implemented with minimal interruption to operations and attain the company quality objectives.
• Review and streamline operations & maintenance program particularly of new equipment/technologies introduced in the network to optimize performance.
• Maintain the highest level of understanding of our business systems and industry requirements in order to maximize operational efficiency.
Makes recommendations for the most efficient use of telecommunications equipment and systems, and keeps informed of the most current technologies
Manages, develops and motivates staff:
• Oversees activities of personnel (i.e., hires, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary)
• Ensures that staff is adequately trained
Customer handling skills with strong interpersonal skills, necessary. The person must have ability to manage customer expectation.
• Lead the process of knowledge transfer, technical documentation [installation procedures, Norms and standards, etc) and putting in place processes for operating new systems/equipments and technologies
• Organize and provide training on different fields by identifying the knowledge gaps during implementation of a project till its operation.
• Management of escalations of faults through CSR and TAC for quick resolution
• Core Network, BSS, Data/Support, Systems routines [Audit, Preventive maintenance, health checks, configurations back up, manage security log on the nodes and OSS]
• Network Performance analysis and correction (paging success, congestion, utilization)
• Will be providing the managed Services to Airtel should have the capability to handle any type of equipment from any of the supplier across the globe. In true sense MS Partner should comply to complete vendor & Technology agnostic managed services to Airtel.