IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. This includes working with organizations and governments to build systems that improve traffic congestion, availability of clean water, and the health and safety of populations. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, just completing its 18th year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.
The Storage Software Sales Specialist will provide subject matter expertise on the IBM Storage Software solutions portfolio to a broad spectrum of clients and partner. This role will be responsible for proactively reaching out to clients and their partners to understand the data protection needs of their clients, providing solution approaches to meet those needs, and teaming with the local sellers to gain customer concurrence for sponsorship of a solution purchase. During this sales cycle you will be responsible for delivering presentations, negotiating deals, and providing high level Total Cost of Ownership(TCO)/Return on Investment (ROI) engagements. You will also provide leadership by working the extended IBM Systems team and partnering with other sales leaders on key account strategies and competitive positioning, teaming with field enablement teams and the technical community as a whole.
The solutions that you would be positioning and supporting are in the IBM Storage Software solutions portfolio including but not limited to Tivoli Storage Manager solution family including Virtual Environments, Databases, Mail and IBM Flash Copy Manager, as well as IBM Virtual Storage Center solutions such as Tivoli Productivity Center and San Volume Controller.
Candidates should have demonstrated confidence in positioning storage infrastructure including but not limited to storage area networks, disk subsystems, various tape technologies and software related technologies such as data replication, archiving, deduplication and storage virtualization.
Key activities and responsibilities include:
• Articulating the business value of our solutions and products to senior managers and technical decision makers.
• Positioning our solutions in competitive scenarios.
• Identifying, developing and closing opportunities in the territory, whether sourced by IBM sellers or resulting from a direct customer engagement.
• Working within a matrix environment with IBM client teams and business partners to span the entire trajectory from opportunity identification to deal closing.
• Building, managing and progressing a pipeline to achieve sales objectives.
• Maintaining an accurate forecast and an up-to-date status of deals in progress.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to network across a broad team.
• Must be comfortable in both a technical dialogue (understanding the customer’s IT infrastructure and technical objectives) as well as a business dialogue (explaining the TCO reductions or ROI benefits of our solutions).
• Familiarity with Software environments is a strong plus (TSM, VSC, SVC, RTC, TPC).
• Must have strong familiarity with one or more vertical markets.
• Responsible for end-to-end delivery of key benefit programs such as medical, life insurance; as well as other country specific benefits offerings in the country.
• Programmes include, cars, medical plans, pensions, insurance, leave, death & disability programmes, setting up new benefit programs, review of current practices, C&B reporting activities.
• Implementing new Benefits in line with local country law changes
• Ensure benefits quarterly business controls rating remains with a Satisfactory rating
• Ensure all action items related to Business Controls are implemented in timely manner
• Managing implementation of a particular geographical area Medical plan successfully and all legal requirements are met
• Assesses workload required for a given exercise and questions/validates relationship between cost (time, resources) and benefit (value-add) and focuses on workload elimination.
• Manages benefits enrolment, provides advice and guidance on pensions, health benefits and ancillary. Responsible for contract management, including problem resolution with external vendors.
• Supports C&B design team in development of new policy; provides data and data analysis presented in a clear and comprehensive manner.
• Acts as a Project Manager in term of coordinating the implementation of all new programs or revised programs in his/hers area of responsibility – PM responsibility includes: drafting implementation timelines, planning communication activities and leading employee sessions (where required), involving other HR functions as required, ensuring successful implementation and client satisfaction.
• Manage and implement all required vendor oversight responsibilities. Ensure all required education regarding data privacy and vendor oversight responsibilities is completed.
• Ensure All policies and all documentation are updated annually and altered with any policy changes.
• Handles/channels exceptions as needed, and reviews together with/ obtain approvals from the C&B design.
• Keeps abreast of any legislative changes impacting Benefit programs. Highlights employee/labor relations concerns to Benefit BST manager and C&B design team as needed.
• Collaborates with other parts of HR (workforce management, business development, recruitment, LR/ER, HR partners), and other staff functions (finance & planning, accounting, treasury, legal, communications).
• Takes ownership and co-ordinates with others for one common HR position before responding to employee or manager queries.
• Co-ordinates and executes programme related communications; educates executives and managers, as well as HR partners and HR Service Centre on C&B policy, including approval processes.
• Keeps process documentation (QMX, w3, teamrooms, etc.) up to date, performs controls and testing per separation of duties matrix and reports findings as required.
• Is a highly skilled user of HR systems and understanding of IT infrastructure, is able to run standard reports and create adhoc queries as required to satisfy client demands.
• Incumbent requires strong knowledge of MS Excel , MS PowerPoint and previous HRIS experience/ exposure which will help in understanding IBM internal systems - SAP, CHRIS, Hyperion/Cognos, Compensation Planner.
• Participate as member of Pension Board as applicable.
• Work with HR Services and HR Delivery team to ensure all their work is managed in timely fashion and meets our requirements.
• Perform all the required reconciliation (invoice and eligibility) as per the contract frequency to ensure a) everyone needs to be covered for a specific benefit is covered and b) invoice count and amount is accurate before processing any payments
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.