Mercy Corps Nigeria requires qualified candidates for the following position:
Supply and Installation of Grains Processing Machines and Construction of Processing Centre.
The purpose of establishing these processing centres is to afford the community members an opportunity to process high quality agricultural commodity products with the capacity for higher income generation for the communities and to stimulate economic activities within the participating communities. This will also promote economic interdependence between two previously conflicting communities. This project aims to reduce resource competition, increase economic opportunity, and promote cooperation between the pastoralist and the farming communities of the focal states.
- The ideal company will have extensive experience in establishment of modern agricultural commodity processing centres in very rural communities.
- A successful bidding company will have direct experience in building construction.
- A successful bidding company will have direct experience in installing and operating grain processing machinery and in training in grain processing.
- The bidding Company must have at least one office located within the North Central Zone (including Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, or Plateau States) Kaduna state, or the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) .
- The company must have the capacity and resources to deliver the project in the targeted communities within the specified time frame.
- Bidding Company must be fully registered with CAC.
- The Company must have all the statutory documentation.
- Ideal company must have the financial capability to implement the project with minimal mobilization fee, while subsequent payment will be based on set mile stones.
- The successful company will have field staff assigned to this project who are fluent in Hausa.
Other documents to be submitted with bid are:
- Copy of Certificate of registration/incorporation of the bidding company
- Copy of Memorandum and Article of Association
- Tax Clearance Certificate or last 3 years audited financial statement
- References to where similar job has been performed
Method of Application
BIDS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN SEALED ENVELOPES CLEARLY MARKED ‘’GRAIN PROCESSING’’. NOTE THAT THE FINANCIAL PROPOSAL SHOULD BE IN A SEPARATE SEALED ENVELOPE. SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
The operations Manager,
Mercy Corps Nigeria,
No 5 Peka close, off Buchanan crescent, off Aminu Kano crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja.
Deadline of submission: 6th May, 2015.