Hays is a leading global professional recruiting group, the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America.
Hays operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
With over 7,979 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms, last year we placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs, and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments.
Our client is a leading soft drinks/beverage manufacturer and distributor in Sub Sahara Africa. In Nigeria there major market they currently manage a manufacturing plants plus distribution sectors and are looking for a National Sales and Distribution Manager. The main aspects of the role will be to develop and execute the annual sales operating plan while increasing sales volume, market share and profit
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the annual operating plan including the sales volume costs as well as distribution and profit objectives
- Develop strategies to achieve annual targets
- Communicate clearly the annual sales target and profit objectives throughout the sales function
- Assess the Sales & Distribution system continuously and ensure continuous improvement
- Develop, execute and monitor sales related best practices
- Liaise with fleet maintenance to ensure the best allocation/utilization of the fleet in order to optimize product stock rotation
- Ensure that the sales force is supported (through regular coaching/feedback sessions and field visits) and provide with the necessary training
- Assist in the development of an organisational plan for the sales function including a succession plan for star employees for key positions
- Degree in Business Administration or related field, MBA a plus
- 10+ years experience in sales and distribution of which at least 5 years at a senior management level, preferably in a FMCG or in a company of a substantial size and turnover
- Experience in a emerging market outside your country of origin. African experience desirable
- This is a full expatraite role for both single or familiy status posting
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.