Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
1. Work with CSOs and caseworkers to supports trainings of community volunteers (liaisons and liaison supervisors) on livelihood planning process.
2. Monitor the implementation of the caseworker management process including household visits at the community level and tracking of progress of amongst households.
3. Develop a systematic organizational capacity strengthening for 7 LGAs, while increasing the voice of citizens to participate in local economic planning
4. Play an active and effective role in the design and implementation of organizational development plans (ODPs) and priorities in relation to local government systems, strategic planning, social sector development and financial and corporate management and responsibilities.
5. In collaboration with LGA council, identity key activities for the project to undertake to advance women's participation in service delivery, decision making or building the skills and competencies of LGA officials to conduct their work in a more gender sensitive and socially inclusive way
6. Building the capacity of village and ward development committees (VDCs/WDCs), community women and youths to articulate their local economic development (LED) plan and productively engage in service delivery decision making. This would demand designing capacity building activities and advocacy strategies
7. Provide support and advisory services relating to governance processes, institutional strengthening, and engagement of local government systems
8. Supports local government councils in the development and delivery of its action plan based on the organizational capacity assessment report
9. Develops and leads the implementation of an overarching strategy for strengthening local governance systems for the design and implementation of social sector development priorities as relevant to communities
10. Provides support and advice to the development and implementation of specific projects, work plans and interventions on appropriate governance
11. SupportCSO partners to implement appropriate Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) designed program
12. With support from Technical Program Director and M&E team, collaborate with CSO partners to develop and implement appropriate monitoring systems and tools for Market/Cash Transfer Programs.
13. Support the development of quality scopes of work for technical assistance, training materials/facilitation guides.
14. Work with the M&E director to identify and implement appropriate ICT4D solutions to improve
timeliness and quality of M&E and project implementation .
15. Support CSO and local government development of capacity in the framework of project to implement appropriate cash transfer programming, including developing/identifying training tools for tracking progress at the level of beneficiaries
16. Willingness and ability to travel at least 50% of time.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Degree in Social Sciences, International Development or related field.
2. At least 5 years of working experience in governance, development or food security program context including focus on programming in cash transfer and livelihoods.
3. Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions and guidelines, including proposal formats and reporting requirements.
4. Excellent training and facilitation skills
5. Demonstrated commitment to improving gender equality and.gender responsiveness in programming and operations.
6. Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
7. Demonstrate strong competency in government engagement and ability to apply governance skills in sustainable service delivery and social sector development
8. 'Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others.
9. Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
10. Excellent English language oral and written communication skills required.
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required
Interested candidates should download the application form using this link http://goo.gl/8OOQcp and send with a detailed resume as attached MS word documents to NG_HR@global.crs.org.
Completed applications should reach us before 5pm, Monday 8th of April, 2015. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
"CRS is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply".
Statement of commitment to protection:
"CRS' recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults
from abuse and exploitation".