The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.We thank you for your interest in IITA and invite you to explore many exciting and diverse career opportunities in a work environment that enables you to be the best you can, advancing your professional and personal growth in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
Join a vibrant team that is committed to facilitating agricultural solutions for hunger, poverty, and natural resource degradation throughout the tropics.IITA is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is given to qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national/ethnic origin or social status.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of crop utilization laboratory, including various laboratory equipment, standard analyses, and technical staff.
• Conduct analyses on chemical, physicochemical and functional properties of cassava, yam, Banana/Plantain, maize, cowpeas and soybeans and their food products
• Provide expertise in quality control/assurance of laboratory analytical data.
• Identify and order all approved equipment, chemicals and materials for the laboratory
• Provide technical backstopping to national agricultural research institutes, non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations conducting activities on crop quality
• Contribute to capacity building on food analysis and training of Youth Coppers, Industrial training (IT) students and Research fellows)
• Perform any duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
• Assist Project manager to effectively monitor project budgets;
• Develop and maintain files, records on financial expenditures of various budgets of the project;
• Providing monthly and quarterly reports on project cost centers expenditures against approved budgets to Project Manager with financial reports due to donor and Institutes;
• Checking with project partners and collaborators, processing and reporting on returns and justifications of funds granted to project collaborators/ partners;
• Assist in the preparation of annual budget and follow the execution of same;
• Follow up with YISFWA scientists and project partners to ensure that financial reports are submitted in timely manner;
• Liaising with IITA Finance directorate, Project Administrative Office (PAO) and other units to ensure compliance with IITA procedures and timely response to requests;
• Tracking and monitoring of project expenditures on oracle and provide updated monthly reports at Project Management meeting;
• Any other duty assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualification and Experience
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.