has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to
promote children's survival, protection and development for 60 years,.
The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries,
UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation,
quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of
children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded
entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses,
foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative
professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for
children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like
to hear from you.
Job Title: Supply Manager, P-4, Abuja
Vacancy No: E-VN-2011-002224
Duty Station: Abuja
Job Level: P-4
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct guidance of the Chief of Operations, you will manage
the supply and logistics operations of a complex nature with significant
impact on programme delivery, services, supply and logistic, processes
and systems, requiring advanced professional technical mastery and
expertise in support of operations and programme objectives. You will be
accountable for effective planning, contracting, procurement,
distribution, inventory management of UNICEF supplies, in support of the
Key Expected Results
Rapid and relevant responses provided to evolving supply needs and
situations, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving
value for money.
- The highest level of integrity, standards
and accountability maintained by implementing sound, accurate
supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as
well as regular and accurate reporting.
leadership, support, coaching and training provided to capacity-building
in order to enhance efficient, effective and timely delivery of
- Effective procurement conducted to attain best overall value while maintaining product quality.
Effective collaboration and partnership in
supply/procurements/purchasing/contracting/logistics with internal and
external counterparts developed and maintained through better
coordination, communication and networking.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management,
International Economics, Engineering, International Development,
Contract/commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas
including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or
contracting. Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas
(transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.)
Eight years of relevant work experience. Both national and
international work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing,
contracting, administration and/or other related fields Work experience
in emergency duty stations.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management preferably in a developing country context
- Mastery of technical knowledge (product knowledge, market research/analysis) required for Supply
Management/Purchasing/Contracting (e.g., vaccine, equipment, medical
supplies, contracts, customs function, taxation, insurance, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant Information Technology software
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
A first level university degree with a relevant combination of
academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the
advanced university degree.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Adjusts team or department's approach to embrace changing circumstances.
Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on
them promptly; initiates and generates team- and department-wide
- Ensures that team or department follows relevant company policies and procedures.
Has excellent leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group
activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
- Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities for self, own team or department.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce,
and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national,
religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with
disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Application Close: January 6, 2012