New Job Offer at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Posted on: 19 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world's poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting to fill the position of:
- MSH seeks candidates for the position of Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded health project in Abuja, Nigeria.
- This position is subject to project award and funding. International allowances are available.
- The Director, Finance and Operations is a member of the project's senior management team and oversees the overall financial and project operational functions under the supervision of the Chief of Party.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of technical efforts and field activities by providing accounting, administrative, management and logistical support to facilitate the implementation of project activities.
- The Director ensures that the project's financial management, personnel, administrative and contractual operations systems are conducted according to MSH regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practices.
- S/he provides management support to the technical assistance team to facilitate the implementation of program activities.
- The Director coordinates with the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU) unit to ensure that the project's operational needs (including finance, accounting, HR, IT, and procurement functions) are met, facilitating coordination and integration with other existing MSH country projects, systems, and processes.
- The Director, Finance and Operations safeguards the assets (financial and physical) of MSH or other donors against fraud, loss or misuse.
- S/he ensures that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH Policy, and any cost principles imposed by MSH or a donor agency.
- S/he must demonstrate the ability to use sound business judgment in assuring that all costs are reasonable and necessary for the completion of the office projects and MSH’s mission.
- As a member of the project's senior management team, participate in all meetings with USAID, host government, local partners, and other organizations as needed as well as internal joint operations and shared program discussions.
- Coordinate with the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU) unit to ensure that the project’s operational needs (including finance, accounting, HR, IT, and procurement functions) are met. Ensure coordination and integration with other existing MSH country projects, systems, and processes.
- With the Chief of Party, lead the preparation and management of country project budgets and pipeline expenditures. Manage monitoring, analysis and reporting of actual and accrued expenditures against project budgets for accurate project pipelines, estimates of upcoming cash needs and overall efficient and effective financial management of the project.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in continually exploring opportunities for cost-cutting, cost-sharing and rational use of the project’s resources, and advise the Chief of Party accordingly.
- Manage cash flow, including funds transfers from MSH Home Office, local currency exchange, and petty cash. Obtain authorization for and pay local costs. Reconcile the project’s bank accounts and field advance accounts each month.
- Assure that all project financial transactions are recorded into an approved MSH Field Expense Accounting System, and submit timely reports each month. Verify documentation of all field financial transactions.
- Review all paid invoices, verifying agreement with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase orders and shipping receipts.
- Apply internal systems for obtaining purchase approvals and use of assets ensuring the adequate application of internal controls.
- In conjunction with the Chief of Party, oversee project hiring and HR-related functions for the project in coordination with the COMU.
- Maintain project’s current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports.
- Review all approved payments for the project’s local vendors, contractors and consultants for goods and services received, in accordance with the laws and regulations of Nigeria, and MSH and USAID regulations.
- Prepare country activity travel advances and process travel claims (TEFs) and work with program staff to resolve accounting related issues.
- Ensure that project staff receive logistics support in booking staff and consultants travel and accommodations, and in processing required authorizations.
- Master's level degree or equivalent of 10 years' (12 years preferred) experience in financial management, with a minimum of 5 years direct international work experience in developing countries with senior-level responsibility for operations and finance managing awards of similar size.
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, including automated financial systems.
- Proven expertise in financial planning and budgeting.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with donors and multiple host-country counterparts (public and private sector).
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and electronic mail along with data entry experience), and proficiency in Quickbooks.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Front Desk Officer at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Chief Finance Officer at Green Field Health Management Limited
- Medical Coordinator at MetroHealth HMO Limited
- Sonologist at Me Cure Healthcare Limited
- Experienced HMO Billing Officer at Hillstar Hospital
- Web Designer at Rachel Eye Center
- Nurses at King Solomon Hospital
- Patient Support & Project Manager at Sanofi Nigeria