Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
Reporting to the Director of Projects, this role will provide technical leadership to the Engineering Department, and plan, manage and oversee the daily activities of the Engineering Department to suit business needs
- Strategize engineering requirements for individual projects and functions
- Recruit fully competent engineering resources across multiple projects and functions
- Further building the capability and the capacity of the Engineering Department
- Promote the development of Nigerian talent
- Manage Engineering resources assigned internally to all areas of the business and the technical performance of engineering resources assigned externally to manage/interface with external/third parties
- Strategic engineering planning for all business needs including, where appropriate, outsourcing of detailed engineering design and associated activities
- Ensuring Engineering deliverables comply with all appropriate Industry Standards and Practices, approved Company Standards and Specifications, and any other specific documents as required under individual contracts
- Ensuring technical integrity, quality and adequacy of all Engineering deliverables within project budgets and schedules
- Initiating value engineering and construct ability reviews at appropriate stages in the development of work
- Provide technical assistance for all procurement activities as required, including coordination of specialist third party review by external consultants such as metallurgists, environmentalists etc, not available within Nigerdock
- Fully conversant with the HSE Management System of the Company and the project specific HSE plans
- Proactively participates in promoting the highest possible standard of HSE implementation
- Manage requirements for engineering software applications and associate hardware in consultation with the Head of IT and relevant budget holders
Key Reporting Requirements
- Monthly Engineering operations report
- Engineering personnel competency matrix
- Engineering non-conformances reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- All Lead Discipline Design Engineers
- Lead Fabrication Engineers
- Lead Construction Work Pack Engineers
- Engineering degree in any discipline preferably structural or mechanical. A masters in Engineering Management is not essential but will be a big plus
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a similar role, most of which must have been obtained working in the oil and gas contracting industry. Engineering fabrication experience of topsides and jackets essential
- Fully conversant with relevant industry standards and practices
- Strong skills in resource planning and reporting
- Strong team management skills, especially in a multi-national environment
go to method of application »
Reporting to: GM HSEQ
- Principal responsibility for the QA/QC management processes and procedures within ND
Key Aims and Objectives:
- To ensure that Nigerdock has efficient and robust processes for the respective sites and projects.
- Ensuring the handover and delivery of all completed documents meet project milestones, data and models/systems/databases in accordance with Client, Company and statutory requirements.
- To ensure that the company implements and operates state of the art document control systems and processes which add value and meet the needs of the company and its clients
- Transfer of skills to Nigerian colleagues.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure compliance to the project Quality Management Plan and procedures and verify that corporate and project quality procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Interface with CPY and Client for all quality control functions (E & I).
- Coordinate and mobilise inspection activities within Electrical & instrumentation.
- Coordinate activities of QC technicians, inspectors and third party inspection.
- Oversee the verification and recording of all examinations and tests performed.
- Review and approve results of inspections and/or tests and prepare final inspection and testing reports for completed structures and systems.
- Review subcontractor/supplier inspection programs, inspections, and QC (E& I) procedures.
- Supervise the activities of subcontractors' E & I personnel.
- Review and implement testing procedures to ensure that all specified requirements are met.
- Coordinate closely with craft and supervisors/sub-contractors to minimize work interference due to engineering.
- Construction quality problems.
- Ensure that proper quality control techniques and procedures are established. Ensure that quality Control is carried out during the installation phase.
- This shall include but not limited to the following Items :
- (Wires, cables and cable glands) Cable trays) Batteries and chargers) Navigational aids) Communication system) Lighting and receptacles) Generators) Gas turbines) Switch gear) Motor control centre) Fire and gas panels) Equipment and facilities tagging) Tubing ‘and fittings Supports and brackets) Instrument calibrations
- Appraise the quality and performance of company field personnel. Keep QA Engineer advised on below average performance for appropriate action.
- Supervise and witness applied Tests and Continuity checks for ALL cables etc.
- Supervise and witness tubing loop and leak tests.
- Monitor Sub-contractors efforts to verify that electrical and instrument material and equipment supplied. Meet the project specifications in a timely manner.
- Ensure correct inventory and proper inspection records are maintained.
- Check to ensure adequate and proper inspection records are maintained.
- Participate in the resolution of quality problems as directed.
- Perform Visual E&I inspections and mentor new workers.
- Prepare and execute Inspection Test Plans.
- Prepare & support baseline inspections
- Prepare & support baseline inspection reports
- Prepare & support final documentation compilation
- Review existing and new project documents for compliance.
- Perform inspections and documents as required by Company and Client requirements.
- Coordinate with the site E & I construction manager on all quality issues Coordinate and chair the QA/QC site weekly meetings with the projects subcontractors & QA/QC personnel.
- Provide Weekly/Monthly reports and KPI’s to the GM HSEQ and Projects.
Key Internal Interfaces
- General Manager HSEQ
- General Manager Projects.
- General Manager Shipyard.
- General Manager Facilities.
- Ship Repair HSEQ Manager.
- Project Managers
Strong commitment to high standards of safety and safeguarding the environment
- College graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management and administration of QA/QC fabrication / construction processes
- And procedures in large projects
- Full understanding of the ISO QMS management systems, processes and delivery requirements of the construction / fabrication Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in ISO standard processes
- Good communication and inter-personal skills with ability to communicate well with other departments
- Good client liaison skills and ability to manage client expectations
- Culturally aware and adept at operating in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
- Performance/delivery orientated
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Business Development Director and the Executive Board Purpose/Role:
- The Group Marketing and Communications Manager is charged with the responsibility of improving the effectiveness of all marketing and communications activities, and ensuring the overall quality of the work is commensurate with corporate standards, the group’s business objectives and profitability and growth.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties: Business Intelligence
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Establish and utilise a competitive intelligence system to maximize marketplace advantages and minimise potential weaknesses
- Research media that can be used in any marketing campaigns
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities
- Develop future guidance as a result of historical analysis and insight
- Explore and develop new opportunities for growth including new concepts or services and new customer relationships to generate revenue growth
- Ensure that competitor research is accounted for, together with general news that could impact on Jagal and its affiliates brand
Administration and Strategy
- Lead the marketing and promotion of marketing services, internal and externally, through the provision of professional literature, signage, marketing materials and communications
- Oversee the organization of specific events and seminars to promote commercially-focused programs to support external businesses and organisations
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and opportunity channels
- Submit monthly progress reports with accurate data and forecasted sales targets
- Liaise with the marketing team to develop and tailor literature explaining the company’s values, experience, capability and capacity to suite particular client organisations
- Work with the marketing team to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Build and manage mar/com infrastructure, policy, and process
- Lead Strategic Marketing Initiatives
- Own the Marketing Communications (mar/com) strategy that drives measureable business results, and that it is aligned with the long-term strategic objectives of Jagal balancing current growth with longer-term objectives
- Manage strategy planning and budgets / Media and Advertising plans in relation to the teams within Jagal Group and its affiliates
- Partner with marketers to bring together disparate initiatives into a cohesive plan that helps achieve business objectives in a client centric way
- Improve marketing executions by learning, applying and sharing best practices across audience and influencer marketing
- Measure the tangible and intangible ‘return on marketing’ spend
- Ensure high-calibre agency teams are in place to help drive desired business outcomes
- Drive the shift to Digital and measurable marketing
- Website / Online Digital Activation – Ensures at all times that the Jagal website is up to date, taking into account new technologies and trends, building the strategy
Communications and Public Relations
- Contribute in determining the optimal product characteristics that will appeal to the particular target markets/clients
- Establish, communicate and enforce standards and guidelines for external marketing communications and corporate branding to ensure consistency and level of quality and objectives are achieved.
- Communicate with the other Jagal marketing teams located
- Work together with the marketing teams to promote and create newsworthy items to increase the awareness of Jagal within the media
- Develop and implement media training for senior leadership
- Build and manage the corporate communications budget.
- Actively lead, build and manage the Corporate Communications team or agency providers to produce high quality publications and materials on time and within budget.
- Other duties as required.
- Ad hoc reports and research
- Undertake all reporting functions to keep Jagal Group Management informed of progress to approved projects
- Manage all marketing and communications reporting for the business.
Key Internal Interfaces
- Group Executive Board, Managing Directors, Clients, Partners, other Group Functions, Agencies, Media
The Persons: Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in marketing communications or related fields
- Digital and online activation awareness
- Minimum of 10 years in a marketing or business related discipline
- Minimum 3 years in the African region
- Proven experience in customer and market research
- Experience in working with external agencies, events, PR and advertising
- Oil & gas industry experience, preferred but not essential
- Computer Literate – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Able to effectively work individually under pressure and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines and produce quality complex work
- Excellent attention to detail, written and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Able to motivate and lead staff
- Ambitious & goal orientated
- Adaptable and innovative thinker / Works well under pressure
- At home with the media
go to method of application »
Purpose · To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactory. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location
The basic function of the CAT Technician is to install, troubleshoot, clean inspect, and maintain Caterpillars Gas and Diesel, Engines in the facility in a safe and professional manner. CAT Maintenance experience in heavy industry in strongly preferred
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
· Monitors and maintains facility equipment to ensure safe and efficient equipment and facility operation.
· Performs preventive and repair maintenance procedures safely and professionally with minimal supervision in accordance with Company Work Rules, Policies and Procedures.
· Initiates and completes work-orders and requisitions, and documents all critical and or pertinent information on a routine basis.
· Responds and reports to work during off hours when emergency repairs are required.
· Takes proactive measures to address improvement opportunities.
· Assumes increased levels of responsibility when required or requested. Performs lesser skilled duties when required or requested.
· Complete the Corporate and Plant Training Programs within the time frame prescribed.
· Identifies and effectively uses basic and precision measuring tools to calculate and determine lengths, surface areas, and volumes as necessary while performing maintenance tasks on a routine basis.
· Follows standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards, and report them to the Shift Supervisor immediately. Reads, understands, and applies information such as lock out/tag out procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Works overtime if requested.
· Works rotating shifts, if requested.
· Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as communicate clearly whether using in-situ intercom system, two-way radio or face to face.
· Anticipates typical problems identify potential or recurring problems, and takes appropriate action.
· Periodically inspect equipment and locate / correct problems before breakdown occurs.
· Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
· When breakdown occur, repairs as quickly as possible in order to minimize operation downtime.
· Participate in proactive safety programs including Hazard Observation program; UC/UA
Key Internal Interfaces
· Mechanical Supervisor
· Plants Supervisor
· Maintenance Planner
· Electrical / Electronic Supervisor
· Other departmental Supervisors & Superintendents.
Key External Interfaces
· Technical knowledge and skills sufficient to complete required job functions.
· 5 years’ experience in required field (minimum).
· Physically fit
· Must possess communication skills both oral and written
· High school graduate
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Corporate Project Controls
- Develop and ensure structured, consistent and accurate project planning, scheduling and reporting for significant fabrication facilities projects and apply across ND projects.
- Champion planning methodologies with the creation of supporting procedures across ND
- Maximise the use and integration of planning, scheduling and reporting systems across ND
Key aims and objectives:
- Assist in the development of structured, consistent and accurate project planning and scheduling across ND.
- Maximise the use and integration of planning and scheduling methodology.
- Champion structured planning and scheduling methodology across the projects.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the projects in resolving more complex planning and scheduling issues – e.g. recovery planning, implementation of planning “steps”, fluid resource loading deliverables, non-prescriptive work-scopes etc.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to indigenous ND planning resources.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops & maintains project planning procedures and tools for tracking and analysis of project progress against agreed baseline schedules.
- Develop and assure compliance with project’s work breakdown structures and coding by review of planning and scheduling deliverables – provide guidance and assistance as required.
- Lead planning staff in the production of reporting deliverables – assist in the development of skills by indigenous staff to fulfil project controls reporting requirements.
- Assist in the development, assessment and governance of the planning skill-pool.
- Assist the development, update and maintenance of corporate detailed planning deliverables for the Nigerdock work-scope.
- Knowledge of schedule risk management -assist in facilitation of schedule risk management workshops as required.
- Produce lateral deliverables encompassing planning and cost deliverables as required.
- Be a part of Corporate Project Controls team for evaluation engineering / construction proposals.
- Act as Lead Planning Engineer at pre project team mobilisation phase of project execution – provide early stage planning and schedule deliverables.
- Deputise for Senior Manager – Corporate Project Controls during rotational leave.
Key internal interfaces:
- Within corporate commercial group.
Key external interfaces:
- Within the Nigerdock project teams and associated client teams as required.
- Minimum 12 years of facilities engineering experience primarily in a planning role within the oil and gas industry – a minimum of 5 years of which in a senior role.
- Extensive experience in Primavera and schedule management systems. Act as Primavera P6 administrator.
- Significant experience of recovery planning with inclusion of change management work-scopes.
- Must have “master” level skills in Primavera P6 software, Power Point, Excel and MS Office. - must be able to provide direction, organize and train team members. Have mentoring and leadership skills and practices.
- Significant planning skills with full awareness of interfacing requirements of the cost envelope within projects. Able to work laterally and generate procedures encompassing planning and cost deliverables. Ability to lead authoritatively and offer guidance within the planning and scheduling domain.
- Fluent English language written and verbal communication skills – culturally sensitive.
- Mature people skills used in an authoritative manner whilst gaining the respect of the project teams.
- Able to multi task often in a less than perfect working environment.
- Tertiary technical qualifications essential – desirable Chartered/APM or working towards.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should use links below to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale