The United Nations Development Programme (Nigeria) announces the following vacancy
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to UNDP Programme Areas;
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNDP Programme Areas;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to implement communications strategies, action plans, and publications policies.
- Ability to advocate effectively; communicate sensitively and effectively across different constituencies.
- Strong IT skills.
Management and Leadership:
- Focuses on impact and result for the client;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education;
- University degree or equivalent desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 7 years of relevant experience at the national level in providing communication packages to promote the activities of international development organization;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Method of Application
For details on the job description and application process, please visit http://web.ng.undp.org/jobs.shtml and submit applications.
For further details on UN benefits and entitlements, please visit http://icsc.un.org/sal_sab.asp
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale