The Oyo State Agency for the Control of AIDS (OYSACA) has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards financing the second HIV Programme Development Project in the State. The objective of the project is to reduce the risk of HIV infection by scaling up prevention interventions and to increase access to and utilization of HIV counseling, testing, care and support services in the State.
In realizing the above stated objectives, the Agency now invites application from interested individuals to fill the vacant post of: Procurement Officer for effective and efficient project implementation in the State:
- Preparation and development of annual Project Procurement plans and contract monitoring as it relates to HIV/AIDS project implementation.
- Preparation and issuance of solicitation documentation to vendors in form of Standard Bidding Document (SBD) for supply of goods, Terms of Reference (TOR) for Consultancy services and facilitation of preparation of Bill of Quantities (BOO) for civil works as it relates to project implementation.
- Receive, review, reject or process approved capital requisitions.
- Evaluate offers in collaboration with relevant agencies and departments and provide recommendations for award of contracts.
- Issuance of Purchase Orders and managing contract agreements, reviewing and processing all open purchase orders, modify or cancel a purchase orders, partially or totally as may be required.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related followup.
- Prepare consultations and organize seminars and advocacy meetings with partners and other relevant stakeholders,
- Provide technical support in the areas of project procurements by assisting the Project grantees in developing procurement plans, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of procurement activities.
- Preparation and Submission of quarterly and annual reports of project procurement activities to NACA Office and World Bank Country Office, Abuja, Nigeria.
- A minimum of University degree or HND in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supply, Science or any other social sciences. Master's Degree in any related discipline is an added advantage.
- At least a minimum of 3 years' experience in Procurement activities especially in government system or donor funded projects.
- Also required is experience working with CSOs and World Bank funded projects in HIV/AIDS or other health or development project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high level of proficiency in computer packages and statistical software such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
go to method of application »
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities for the project.
- Work directly with the Line Ministries, Partners and CSOs engaged in HIV/AIDS project implementation in the area of high quality M and E system for the project.
- Work closely with other staff to ensure synergy relevant to the implementation and documentation of the project activities.
- Develop, review and ensure correct implementation of the project activities as a subset of national M and E plan; as well as monitor the use of and inform necessary modification to M and E tools.
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans and guidelines and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy.
- Provide continuous technical assistance on data management to project team.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, routine
- Monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly project reports, proposal writing and assessment exercises.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams, and conduct operational research activities.
- Represent and make appropriate presentation at professional meetings, conferences and workshops related to Monitoring and Evaluation including M&E Technical Working Group (TWG) and other relevant technical committees.
- A minimum of University degree or HND in Statistics, demography or any other social sciences.
- Master's Degree in Public Health (Biostatistics/Epidemiology or Statistics) is an added advantage.
- At least a minimum of 3 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation/Public Health/Statistical work and record management.
- Also required is experience working with CSO5 and World Bank funded projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high level of proficiency in computer packages and statistical software such as MS Word. Excel, PowerPoint, Epi-info and SPSS.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Application Letters with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and three (3) copies of Credentials to:
Office of the Head of Service,
Applications should be sent in from 12th to 26th January, 2015; between the hours of 8.00am and 4.00pm (Monday to Friday).
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Applicants are advised to provide their functional e-mails addresses and mobile phone numbers on their application letters as well as names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional and academic referees.
Head of Service,
Office of the Head of Service,