Current Job Vacancies at Lilygate Hotels
Posted on: 8 January, 2015
Deadline: 12 January, 2015
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Lilygate Hotels
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Lilygate Hotel is a new luxurious four star hotel in the heart of Lekki Phase 1.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale ( POS ) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co - ordinate with the busperson, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering
- desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist bus persons with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Previous serving experience required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Can handle local language and English.
go to method of application »
- To supervise all phases of all type of banquet functions, Coordinate activity on a daily basis. Banquet supervisor should also oversee banquet event and ensure that all service standards, departmental policies are followed by banquet staffs. Act as a single point of contact with the banquet host during the banquet function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet clients.
- Oversee catered functions, in house and off site.
- Responsible for making the function space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event.
- Responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of the work areas, banquet rooms and storage areas.
- Responsible for the proper usage and good working order of all equipment, furniture and fixtures in the Banquet and Catering Section in the shift assigned.
- Responsible for consistently implementing the service standards and operating procedures in the banquet and Catering service.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provide unique and creative ideas to enhance meetings & group experience.
- Should posses in depth Knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation and presentation.
- Supervise events and team members throughout service.
- Guide the Banquet servers in set up of tables and place settings.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
- Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Co-ordinate with the Kitchen and housekeeping department.
- Should be able to work under pressure and also work in long or break shifts.
- Scheduling of banquet staff, prepare weekly duty chart to correspond with banquet functions and manage labour for monthly.
- Assist the Banquet Manager with scheduling, training and performance management.
- Assist and support the Conference Services Manager to provide excellent guest service
- Organize Transportation of food and equipment to offsite catering events.
- Should have experience in operating sales and catering software’s like Opera S&M, Protel Banquet, Delphi etc.
- Should have experience in operating POS (point of sales) Software’s.
- Responsible for monthly inventory, consumption spreadsheet and banquet staff labours.
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient operating guest supplies, beverage supplies and operating equipment for functions assigned.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Education: Degree or three years Diploma in hotel Management or equivalent, Good MS office skills.
- Experience: Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 4 years experience as Banquet Captain. Experience in Hotel management software and Point of sale software (MICROS).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lilygate HotelsSimilar Jobs
- Current Job Placements at Georgias Catering Services Limited
- Accounts Officer at Hilton Worldwide
- Guest Service Representative at Sheraton Hotels & Resorts - Marriott International
- Current Job Placements at Swanky Suites in Grandview
- Restaurant Area Manager - Eastern Region at Eat N' Go Limited
- Waiter/Waitress at Bluelodge Hotel
- Senior Accountng Officer at Swanky Suites in Grandview
- Waiter/Waitress at Westown Hotels