Current Job Vacancies at Lilygate Hotels
Posted on: 8 January, 2015
Deadline: 12 January, 2015
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Lilygate Hotels
Lilygate Hotel is a new luxurious four star hotel in the heart of Lekki Phase 1.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale ( POS ) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co - ordinate with the busperson, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering
- desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist bus persons with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Previous serving experience required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Can handle local language and English.
go to method of application »
- To supervise all phases of all type of banquet functions, Coordinate activity on a daily basis. Banquet supervisor should also oversee banquet event and ensure that all service standards, departmental policies are followed by banquet staffs. Act as a single point of contact with the banquet host during the banquet function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet clients.
- Oversee catered functions, in house and off site.
- Responsible for making the function space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event.
- Responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of the work areas, banquet rooms and storage areas.
- Responsible for the proper usage and good working order of all equipment, furniture and fixtures in the Banquet and Catering Section in the shift assigned.
- Responsible for consistently implementing the service standards and operating procedures in the banquet and Catering service.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provide unique and creative ideas to enhance meetings & group experience.
- Should posses in depth Knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation and presentation.
- Supervise events and team members throughout service.
- Guide the Banquet servers in set up of tables and place settings.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
- Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Co-ordinate with the Kitchen and housekeeping department.
- Should be able to work under pressure and also work in long or break shifts.
- Scheduling of banquet staff, prepare weekly duty chart to correspond with banquet functions and manage labour for monthly.
- Assist the Banquet Manager with scheduling, training and performance management.
- Assist and support the Conference Services Manager to provide excellent guest service
- Organize Transportation of food and equipment to offsite catering events.
- Should have experience in operating sales and catering software’s like Opera S&M, Protel Banquet, Delphi etc.
- Should have experience in operating POS (point of sales) Software’s.
- Responsible for monthly inventory, consumption spreadsheet and banquet staff labours.
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient operating guest supplies, beverage supplies and operating equipment for functions assigned.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Education: Degree or three years Diploma in hotel Management or equivalent, Good MS office skills.
- Experience: Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 4 years experience as Banquet Captain. Experience in Hotel management software and Point of sale software (MICROS).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lilygate HotelsSimilar Jobs
- Finance Manager at Productive People
- Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- Lounge Manager at Bukka Hospitality Limited (Bukka Hut)
- Jobs at FADAC Resources (FRS)
- Job Vacancies at Tastee Fried Chicken (TFC)
- Confectionery Roles at Spronks Boission Palais
- Fresh Jobs at Hotel Ibis Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at The Place