Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for a HIV/AIDS Health Coordinator for our Nigeria Country Office. The position will be located in Jos- Plateau State.
Location: Jos -Nigeria
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Start Date: Immediately
1. Designing and completing a comprehensive mapping of all existing HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention resources in the communities where WfWI-Nigeria works around Jos that will be used to improve the ability of WfWI-Nigeria to refer women enrolled in our program to counseling and testing as part of an integrated, comprehensive empowerment program for the most marginalized women.
2. Conduct a systematic assessment of local and contextual barriers women face in addressing HIV/AIDS in the region, and draw upon the information gained from the mapping exercise and barrier assessment to update, expand and enhance our existing HIV/AIDS curriculum and training materials to improve their quality and impact.
3. Oversee, collaborate with and coordinate work of Curriculum Development Specialist, in addition to ensuring that the information presented in our HIV/AIDS module in the WfWI curriculum reflects the best and most current science available.
4. Monitor the pilot, as well as design and gather evaluation data to measure the effectiveness of the new curriculum before, during, and after the 100 women complete the new Health Module and HIV/AIDS initiatives.
5. HIV/AIDS Health Coordinator will attend Health Module trainings during pilot to ensure high quality delivery of training content and methodology.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
All interested candidates should submit an updated CV with a cover letter to: email@example.com. HIV/AIDS Health Coordinator should be the subject line of the email.
Application deadline is 12th January 2015. Due to the urgency of the recruitment, applications will be shortlisted on a regular basis and we may offer positions before the date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.