About Futures Group
Futures Group, the global consulting firm, helps to protect and promote people’s well-being around the world. For 40 years, Futures Group has created lasting solutions to some of the most pressing public health challenges facing nations. We predict future health and development trends, uncover barriers to well-being, and forge on-the-ground partnerships to ensure lasting change.
About GRM International
GRM International is a leading international development management company specializing in the provision of project design, management expertise and technical assistance to development projects for bilateral and multilateral funding agencies, governments and corporations. For more than 45 years, GRM has been bringing expertise in managing large-scale projects, and sourcing and managing high quality experts covering all disciplinary skills required to implement development projects.
About our Group of Companies
GRM International, Futures Group, and the Effective Development Group are a group of companies with a joint focus on reaching people in need and creating better futures for our clients, communities and colleagues around the world. With more than 90 current projects operating in more than 85 countries, and $225 million in revenue, our combined group has a multisectoral focus, diverse technical offerings and a wide geographic reach. For more information, please visit www.futuresgroup.com, www.grminternational.com, and www.edgroup.com.au.
The President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, inaugurated the newly reconstituted board of the National Population Commission (NPopC) on June 26, 2012. The new Commission is to continue the mandate of the organization, to include:
- Undertaking periodic enumeration of population through sample surveys, censuses or otherwise.
- Establishing and maintaining machinery for continuous and universal registration of births and deaths throughout the federation.
- Advising the President on Population matters; and
- Publishing and providing information data on population for the purpose of facilitating economic and development planning.
In 2013, the USAID-funded Health Policy Project (HPP), in collaboration with partners, facilitated a retreat to acquaint and equip NPopC members and staff with necessary information on population dynamics and family planning to meet their constitutional mandate. On the final day of the retreat, NPopC Commissioners drafted a road map for the review and revision of the 2004 National Policy on Population for Sustainable Development (NPP). Since that time, progress on the implementation of the road map has stalled.
Futures Group/HPP Nigeria is seeking a Consultant to work with NPopC to manage the implementation of the road map for the review of the 2004 NPP and adoption of a revised population policy at NPopC.
The consultant will be responsible for the following scope of work:
Duration of Employment: 130 days
Project duration: January-July 2015
Futures Group is recruiting for an experienced Project Director in Nigeria to work on a new programme to support the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and four state ministries of health (SMOH) for the successful launch and implementation of the costed implementation plan for family planning. The Project Director will lead the project in Nigeria, ensuring that this investment supports the GoN with the tools to fulfill their FP2020 commitments. This is a full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria.
• Provide overall management for the project, liaise with donors and partners
• Provide senior level content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation and support for the development and execution of the project
• Leads and provides guidance to others on programmatic functions, e.g., development of workplans and budgets
• Ensures quality of services and compliance with program requirements.
• Provides functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets
• Participates in and/or prepares necessary program-related reports, including presentations and white papers
• Organizes and supports as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings
• Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia
• Leads or assists in research, data collection, policy formulation, training, and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables
• Contributes to new business development efforts, as required and appropriate
• Represents the company and project at highest levels with donors and host countries; provides supervision and guidance to other staff members
Qualifications and Skills Required
• Advanced degree (PhD, MPH, or masters degree in public policy or other relevant area)
• 10+ years of experience in public health programs, policy, advocacy or governance
• 5+ years of experience working in family planning
• Experience managing teams
• Experience managing donor contracts and relationships (USAID, DFID, BMGF, etc.)
• Experience working in collaboration with the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health and knowledge of the workings of Nigeria’s State Ministries of Health
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
• Knowledge of project management methodology
• Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Professional and mature demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents and foreign governments
• Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
• Ability to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems and/or respond independently to situations
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office
• Ability to travel on a national (within Nigeria) and international basis
• Fluent written and spoken English is required
This is a time sensitive search and all the interested candidates are requested to apply at their earliest convenience.
Futures Group is seeking a Senior Capacity Building Specialist based in Abuja, Nigeria to provide technical leadership, management and oversight of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) capacity building activities at national and sub-national levels in the health sector. The Senior Capacity Building Specialist will work closely with senior project management and supervise staff.
Remuneration in accordance with salary history and certified credentials.
To apply for any of these positions, click here