If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The AfDB offers a variety of roles suited to your goals, background and talents, providing opportunities to advance, grow and strike the right balance between work and life that is best for you.
Position title: Senior Corporate Infomaster
Position N°: NA
Publication date: 25/11/2014
Closing date: 12/12/2014
Through its programmes, the main activities of the Communication and External Relations Department (CERD) aimed at making the African Development Bank better known to its various external audiences, with the ultimate objective of generating awareness of the AfDB as the leading international finance institution spearheading development in Africa. The Department also enables the Bank to have a better understanding of how the institution is perceived internally and externally.
In this regard, the Senior Corporate Infomaster position ensures the efficient gathering and posting on the intranet and the internet websites of all relevant Bank information, provides expert advice to Management on information content management, and facilitates Bank’s information dissemination and access.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Director CERD, the Senior Corporate Infomaster is responsible for coordinating, collecting and posting CERD-produced information onto the Bank’s websites. He/she will coordinate the work of all other informasters, working closely with the Bank’s Information Management and Methods Department. The chosen candidate will:
- Gather information to be posted on the platforms.
- Define working priorities for posting on the web platforms.
- Handle high visibility business issues as needed, and define and communicate the web posting procedures to all stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and ensure smooth transition when web coordinators are changed.
- Provide analysis and expert advice for all issues related to web contents (utility, obsolescence, renewal, etc…)
- Provide web content creation, information organization and access advisory support and guidance to the stakeholders involved in providing the required information.
- Ensure quality control of all content to be published on the Bank’s websites.
- Review continuously existing web sections in order to improve the structure and information organization.
- Produce periodic reports on the trends of demands for particular type of information.
- Identify new initiatives aimed at improving the quality of web services.
- Initiate the preparation and/or revision of web policies, guidelines, and standard procedures for all the stakeholders.
- Define, suggest and implement in collaboration with relevant authorities solutions aimed at improving access to Bank information.
- Define the websites design: page structure, information structure, visuals).
- Work in close collaboration with the technical team and the web agency on all web-based applications.
- Represent the Department at committees and working groups as necessary.
- Prepare and implement online and e-marketing plans for major events (Annual Meetings, African Economic Conference, etc.).
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s Degree or equivalent in journalism, communication or related disciplines;
- At least five (5) years of practical experience in web content management;
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills, and ability to synthesize high volumes of information.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Very good knowledge and experience of internet protocols and techniques, as TYPO3 CMS, Drupal, Liferay, IOS, etc.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze content management best practices and trends.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop web coordinators and content producers.
- Strong ability to work under pressure, keeping in mind the broader perspective without losing control of the details.
- Ability to work independently, with a minimum supervision.
- Excellent skills in French and English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard software used in the Bank (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
go to method of application »
Position title: Principal Evaluation Officer
Position N°: NA
Publication date: 25/11/2014
Closing date: 12/12/2014
The core mandate of the Bank’s Independent Development Evaluation is to conduct independent evaluation studies, provide relevant lessons, develop and harmonize standards and practices, support evaluation capacity development together with partner agencies and attest to the validity of both processes and the results of self-evaluation activities.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent reports to the Division Manager of the Country Strategy and Corporate Evaluations Division of the Bank's Independent Development Evaluation Function. S/he will work in a team or lead complex evaluation studies and conduct country and regional strategy and program evaluations, real-time evaluations and corporate evaluation of AfDB’s policies, strategies, and operational effectiveness. In particular:
1. Conduct evaluations of the Bank’s projects, programmes, sector assistance, country strategies, policies and cross-cutting themes that are impartial, independent, transparent, credible and meet professional evaluation standards as well as professional standards in the area of specialization (*)
- Carry out evaluations of projects (or cluster of projects), programmes, policies and cross-cutting themes: define the objectives, scope, questions, method and analytical approach, lead the evaluation process, engage and manage key evaluation stakeholders including Bank management and staff, launch and undertake evaluation field missions, prepare and discuss with high level Government officials, make recommendations.
- Prepare clear and concise evaluation reports for the Board of Executive Directors and other relevant stakeholders on evaluation findings, conclusions, lessons learned and recommendations; Prepare written responses to questions raised by the Board members.
- Prepare supporting material for the dissemination of evaluation findings and results.
- After evaluation completion, continue engagement with stakeholders to ensure that evaluation recommendations are used, including follow up and reporting on recommendations’ implementation.
- Ensure that evaluations take into account cross cutting issues including gender equality, green and inclusive growth, and give attention to gender equality and diversity issues in the composition of evaluation teams and the conduct of evaluations.
2. Sectoral Meta-evaluation and Evaluation Syntheses
- Collect and analyse existing evaluation information from other development agencies/research centres and academia and consider lessons that could be applied to the Bank.
- Develop research protocols for how information will be sifted and organized to synthesize the lessons.
- Work with and manage the analytical inputs of specialists in the area of evaluation syntheses and systematic reviews. Help to distil lessons and communicate these with stakeholders throughout the Bank.
3. Disseminating of evaluation results and lessons learned and implementation follow-up of IDEV recommendations
- Draft and finalize technical papers on specific evaluation issues/questions and on thematic or impact studies in the field of expertise and draft papers on best practices and ensure their dissemination through IDEV newsletters and other evaluation bulletins and magazines.
- Participate in review, analysis, and in commenting on documents prepared by other Units of the Bank (such as: Issues Papers, Supervision Reports, Appraisal Reports, Country Strategy Papers, Country Portfolio Performance Reviews, etc.) to ensure that lessons of experience are duly incorporated in design and implementation of Bank Group operations.
- Represent as needed IDEV in internal Bank fora in order to ensure that relevant and useful lessons of experience in the country or the sector are reflected into the design and future implementation of the projects or programmes.
4. Cooperation and Coordination with Evaluation Experts from other Multilateral and Bilateral Development Institutions
- Participate as a team member in joint evaluation missions of co-financed projects/programmes with other aid agencies, in joint training seminars/workshops on evaluation systems, and develop cooperation partnerships with bilateral and multilateral Evaluation Units in development agencies and with counterparts in regional member countries.
- Assist regional member countries in establishing and enhancing their development project/programme monitoring and evaluation capabilities.
(*) Areas of specialization in IDEV correspond to Bank Group core priorities and areas of special emphasis as defined in its Ten-Year Strategy 2013-2022.
Professional and Academic Skills Requirements:
- At least a Master’s degree in economics, social sciences or other relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in evaluation or related field; equivalent combination of education and broad knowledge of evaluation aspects gained and additional academic work or courses on concepts and methodologies for evaluating development effectiveness will be an advantage.
The Principal Evaluation Officer must be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to carry out high level evaluations of Bank’s interventions, policies and cross-cutting themes and to lead and monitor the work of professional evaluation teams.
- Ability to keep abreast of latest developments in evaluation thinking and practice, and contribute to high professional standards for the evaluation function; Ability to apply evaluation knowledge and methods to broader operational policies and strategies.
- Ability to work under stress due to multiple, simultaneous demands, priorities and deadlines; heavy workloads; and undertaking frequent travel.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix management environment, both as team leader and team member, and a commitment to teamwork; Ability to build effective working relations and professional networks with clients and colleagues in a multi-cultural and diverse environment.
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Integrity and honesty in relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other; Ability to explain and defend difficult issues and positions to subordinates and colleagues, as well as other evaluation stakeholders.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.