APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Responsible for resolving Customer complaints and concerns quickly and efficiently by proper liaison with Operations, Planning and Finance Department
- Establishes proactive communication with customer to ensure their understanding, handle quality and service issues, and develop/maintain customer loyalty.
- Responsible for interacting with customers concerning orders & shipments.
- Interact with customers to advise shipment
- Initiate tracers with carriers
- Make changes to shipments where necessary
- Solicit sale of new or additional services
- Handle irate customers in a professional manner
- Obtain customer feedback information & makes necessary analysis available to management on a regular basis
- Prepares correspondence to customers, regarding port procedures and notifications.
- Contacts customer regarding any documents needed, such as customs declaration, manifest, etc.
- Contacts customers regarding invoice payments.
- Meets with customers to solve any problems that may arise.
- Approves gate passes for customers who need to enter the port area.
- Monitors reports on timely payments of invoices by customers and personally calls customers if they are past due in payment.
- Assist when necessary in establishing or reviewing customs and other external procedures affecting port users.
- Co-ordinates customer issues with relevant department
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key accounts, local port users.
- Update & maintain customer data base, with customer and company profile.
- Constantly follow up on service trends, customer preferences, assist CCO on development of Customer Satisfaction surveys
- impact on Company image is quite high.
Who we are looking for
- Requires a college degree in Business preferably in Marketing.
- Requires at least five to seven years of customer service experience in a service industry. Experience in import/export documentation, billing, and other similar areas of operation is preferred.
- Requires thorough knowledge of import/export documentation, such as manifests, declarations, etc.
- Requires knowledge of port rules and regulations.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills; an ability to interact with customers both diplomatically and firmly, when necessary.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.